• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3d Covers for the Flip..

26 posts in this topic

So with the new onsite of 3d covers coming out, I have a quick question for boardies. I currently have half the set of villains graded 9.8 or higher. Should I grade the rest of the set that I have and sell in 1 bulk sale or would I be better off selling them half graded and half raw?

Also should I wait for the next set to come out if I sell or do it now?

Just looking for opinions.

I havent followed these well, so i am by no means an expert. But from my understanding, the original ones were hot and then declined. With the new ones coming out, I would expect the same pattern. If you can get them on-site graded and immediately back, I think do the whole set and sell it into the heat of the second set's release.

The window of opportunity to maximize returns is likely small, and even the time to ship it away for slabbing could make you miss it. Being the first to list a full set, and not asking too much so it flounders, probably the perfect recipe for success.

2c

How much did each slab cost you? You will almost certainly be taking a loss on whatever ones you sell as those books now sell anywhere from 20 to 40 dollars on eBay, with some of them like Harley and Joker's Daughter selling for a little bit more. If you don't need the money you should hold onto them as they are in the toilet right now. Don't slab any more of them you won't get that money back.

each cost around 30 with the cost of the book itself. I sent in the harley's and joker's daughter in with the conventional grading and they are graded already with taking approximately 6 weeks so far but at a cheaper cost.

Half are still needed to be graded. I was hoping to net a higher cost since every book would be graded for someone to buy in one lot but then again just at cost you are looking at 52 books * $30 for a total of $1560. Would a person buy the whole set for $2k, (shrug)

lol, the set is FIFTY TWO, wooooooooooooow. I might have to update my advice, I didnt realize that there were that many of them. GOOD GRIEF.

aye most of us have half a shortbox of worthless 3D covers :(

Things like this remind me to only buy what I like..not what the masses are chasing.

I only picked up my favorite Batman villains essentially… just to keep. I think flipping these lost its profitability quite awhile ago. I wouldn't bother subbing the rest of them… just get out while you can or hold them for the long haul :)

my favorite is going to the LCS now and seeing how they still have huge amounts of these, and that they are still marked up.

my favorite is going to the LCS now and seeing how they still have huge amounts of these, and that they are still marked up.

mine too. One shop has them in the boxes for $6-10 a piece with the exception of a few being $20. Another store has them all on the wall with dumb prices. I mean like hello, get with it guys, those are in the toilet. I've bought a few for like $2 a piece and will get some others just cause I like the cover, or they are needed for my runs.

I didn't buy into this gimmick.

I agree. I can't imagine someone paying more than $1000 for the set but I'm not saying they wouldn't, I just don't think its likely. Even at that number, its a losing proposition. 2c

+1 The LCS can't even sell the individual 3D of most at cover.