• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An unsung hero: How Blade helped save the comic-book movie

50 posts in this topic

The third one wasn't even a Blade movie, it was just a (bad) attempt at launching a Nightstalkers franchise with a couple of Hollywood pretty faces that crashed and burned.

Snipes openly wondered why he was even in the movie.

The first X-Men movie sucked a### big time, the third one should've been great but that blows as well, X-Men #2 is the gem - the reason I bring this up is that I'd rather watch Blade #2 & #3 all day than watch either of those two once !

Blade #1 (club scene) & X-Men #2 (Nightcrawler scene in White house with Dolby surround on HIGH) are outstanding, both films are probably the best of the genre with Avengers third 2c

Blade #1 (club scene) & X-Men #2 (Nightcrawler scene in White house with Dolby surround on HIGH) are outstanding

Too bad the rest of X2 didn't measure up to the opening, and after watching it several times, I personally feel it is a plotless mess that pales horribly next quality superhero movies like Avengers, BB or TDK.

One thing that always bugged me about X1 and X2 is that they portrayed Wolverine as if he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. He's always flailing around like an uncoordinated toddler, getting his butt handed to him by everyone from Mystique to Lady Deathstrike and everyone in-between.

That's one reason I liked X3 the best of the trilogy, because if you have the brain power necessary to ignore the lapses in continuity (and I love the Dark Phoenix saga as much as anyone) and just view it as a movie, it's a pretty good action flick. Not all people have the ability to do that, and I know one psycho SOB personally who nearly had an embolism talking about how "they turned Juggernaut into a mutant, a MUTANT!!" lol

That Magneto-Truck sequence is my favorite in the series, and finally, we see Wolverine actually able to fight with some proficiency instead of flailing his claws around like a guardo.

I really liked the TV series. :whistle:

Good old Stinky Fingaz. :roflmao:

Dear Loyd, I forgot about that piece of trash. :facepalm: I really wanted to like that show, but it was just awful.

That was potentially one of the worst action shows I've ever seen on TV.

Everyone and their dog wanted Michael Jai White for the lead, and there was interest from the producers, but Spike TV or someone linked to the show had some deal with Stinky's record company and pretty well forced him into the lead.

And what a good decision that turned out to be. :facepalm: