• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are creators careful when handling your books for signing

43 posts in this topic

I've never really cared what a creator does to my book when signing, but I'm not getting any of them slabbed.

I usually use signing books as a way to start up a conversation with a writer/artist. This has resulted in tons of great conversations and is always better to me than just awkwardly walking up to them with nothing to say.

The coolest creator about absolutely everything is Jimmy Palmiotti. The guy takes care of books. He also has a chair on the fan side of the table that he gets you to sit down at and will talk to each person for 5-10 minutes. Also, if your getting some Jonah Hex signed, he will do a little Hex sketch for you.

I've never really cared what a creator does to my book when signing, but I'm not getting any of them slabbed.

I usually use signing books as a way to start up a conversation with a writer/artist. This has resulted in tons of great conversations and is always better to me than just awkwardly walking up to them with nothing to say.

The coolest creator about absolutely everything is Jimmy Palmiotti. The guy takes care of books. He also has a chair on the fan side of the table that he gets you to sit down at and will talk to each person for 5-10 minutes. Also, if your getting some Jonah Hex signed, he will do a little Hex sketch for you.

Thats awesome! I cant wait to meet him and Amanda Connor. Getting some Harley books signed. I look forward to talking to them with my gf, about how the book has brought my gf into comics.