• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NEW Official "Hey These Scores Need Fixing" thread

76 posts in this topic

Howdy!!!

I have four books that I've put into the Bill Sienkiewicz cover set that need to have registry points applied to them. They are showing 0 points since they are all the first to be registered. The books are:

Comet Man #3

Comet Man #6

Starriors #3

Thing #13

Thank you!!

I will get these added. In the future please put this in Set Expansion Thread.

Just so everyone is clear.... These requests (as above) should go to the set expansion requests, as they are being added to a set.. they haven't been scored yet. This "Score Needs Fixing" is for books that some may feel have a lower score then what has been applied to them. From time to time a book will be requested in the set expansion and for some reason the score isn't applied, now that is a "Score Needs Fixing." The request for the books above.. the books have been added to the set from a list provided, none of the books had been graded, so there was no score ever applied to them, so nothing is being "fixed"... now they have been graded, so it would be added in the set expansion as we are adding them to the set.. nothing is being "fixed." I hope this is clear. It helps me organize and keep requests in order and maintain daily maintenance if the requests are all placed in the correct place. (Bagofleas...I am using you as an example, but this is happening quite often from others as well.)

Thanks All!!!

Good morning...

I am confused - are the lenticular covers (i.e. Detective 23.1, 23.2, 23.3) the variant covers or the standard covers? 26 points seems off for the level of expense associated with the hot covers from that month.

Because if they are the variants - all my books are in the wrong slots.

Additionally, Detective 23.1 - standard cover - SS - is currently awarding 0 points.

Thanks

Lee K

Hi. Nicole!

Some more books that need registry points applied to them. They are in the Bill Sienkiewicz covers set.

Batman: The Widening Gyre #3

Elektra: The Hand #3

Elektra: The Hand #4

Fury vol 2 #1

Fury vol 2 #4

Marvel Masterpieces 2 #2

XMen Unlimited #43

Thank you!!!

Hi. Nicole!

Some more books that need registry points applied to them. They are in the Bill Sienkiewicz covers set.

Batman: The Widening Gyre #3

Elektra: The Hand #3

Elektra: The Hand #4

Fury vol 2 #1

Fury vol 2 #4

Marvel Masterpieces 2 #2

XMen Unlimited #43

Thank you!!!

Steve,

This is not a score fixing request. You can add your book. This is a set you requested and gave me a list... some of the books were graded, some were not. I added a list of all the requests. As you start to get the books graded, just enter them in and then I will add the scores!!! I need all requests in the same place, otherwise it can get out of order. (This request, would technically go in the set expansion or just add them and it will send me a message to score them)

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

I sent this issue as a PM to Dena but see that this is the more appropriate venue.

My request: Check the point system for Suspense Comics 3 (Continental, 1944) .

This issue, for a while, has been selling for about six to seven times the points by grade. For example, a 6.5 universal sold for about 25k last year but the points awarded are merely 3,750. There are some other issues with books in the series, but nothing so dramatic. I realize that there's not a 1 to 1 correspondence between market value and points, but wanted to bring your attention to this issue. If you could take a look at the Suspense Comics points system, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hi Nicole,

I sent this issue as a PM to Dena but see that this is the more appropriate venue.

My request: Check the point system for Suspense Comics 3 (Continental, 1944) .

This issue, for a while, has been selling for about six to seven times the points by grade. For example, a 6.5 universal sold for about 25k last year but the points awarded are merely 3,750. There are some other issues with books in the series, but nothing so dramatic. I realize that there's not a 1 to 1 correspondence between market value and points, but wanted to bring your attention to this issue. If you could take a look at the Suspense Comics points system, I'd greatly appreciate it.

This is on the list on page one to be reviewed. I am slowly getting to/working on the "S" Category.

Thanks,

Nicole

Can "Batman: Knightfall 1" and Batman: Knightfall 2" be removed from the "Batman - (Knightfall Knightquest KnightsEnd)" set? I can't find any that have even been graded and after getting the first prints in I think they are too thick to be slabbed. When you click on the title to get the scores they don't appear.

Please think about adjusting the score for punch comics 12, this is a classic cover

The 5.0 cgc nick cage comic just sold for 9,000$

At the moment a punch 12 gets something like 300 points in 5.0

I think a 4.0 went for several thousand dollars as well,

There are very few graded, it's considered a classic though maybe not a key, most would say it's the best cover of the run.

I think it deserves more recognition that the current scoring system!

Thank you

Gemma,

pre-Robin tecs need a MAJOR overhaul across all grades and conditions ( blue, purple and green )

It is no secret they're among the most sought after books in the hobby, are very tough to find in any grade / condition, and when they do come up for sale, always sell for very high $ amounts (this goes for blue, purple or green).

I could give a long list of examples for any of these books in all grades and conditions with registry scores that are completely unrealistic.

Thanks !

:bump:

Gemma,

pre-Robin tecs need a MAJOR overhaul across all grades and conditions ( blue, purple and green )

It is no secret they're among the most sought after books in the hobby, are very tough to find in any grade / condition, and when they do come up for sale, always sell for very high $ amounts (this goes for blue, purple or green).

I could give a long list of examples for any of these books in all grades and conditions with registry scores that are completely unrealistic.

Thanks !

:bump:

+1

Hello. If I may suggest some score fixin'...

Resurrection Man (1997)

* #18 and #20 do not have a score (showing as zero)

Runaways (2003)

* Issues #14 and #15 are only worth 24 points each (CGC 9.8 Universal). Can we bump those up to 32 points to align with the other issues in the set?

* Likewise, issue #16 is worth 40 points and there's really no reason for it to be worth more than the other issues in the set. Can we bump that one down to 32 points?

* I would suggest bumping issue #3 to 40 points in CGC 9.8 Universal since it's the 1st full appearance of a major character (Old Lace).

* I think 48 points for #1 in CGC 9.8 Universal is a little low. This issue is insanely hard to find in high grade. Raw copies are selling in the $40-$50 range and on the rare occasion a CGC 9.8 copy hits the market, it easily sells in the $180-$250 range.

Just added my SS 9.8 Cloak and Dagger #9 to my Marvel 25th Anniversary Borders Covers (1986) set, but it doesn't have Registry points assigned to it yet.

Pleeeeeeeease give it some points. :))))