• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dexter as Daredevil Hmmmmm...

95 posts in this topic

BOOMS GOES THE....wait a minute.

Charlie Cox Cast as Marvel’s Daredevil?

Latino-Review is reporting that Stardust and "Boardwalk Empire" star Charlie Cox could be the man without fear in Marvel Entertainment's upcoming Netflix series "Daredevil." The site reports this is just a rumor for the time being, but check back here for updates on casting for the series very soon.

What happened to Dexter? I liked this actor in Boardwalk Empire, and was bummed when he was murdered on the show.

(shrug)

Six Feet Under is fantastic and does have the greatest ending ever for a TV show.

:cloud9:

I'm sitting in front of the TV wondering what to watch. Time to break out the Box set! The only Box set I own until I buy Breaking Bad.

I judge the quality of a TV show if I'm prepared to watch it more than once.

This is one of those rare shows.

A bunch of HBO shows were also added to Amazon Prime. My wife and I've been watching Six Feet Under and I really enjoy it.

A shame he didn't get the part as Daredevil…

Latino-Review is reporting that Stardust and "Boardwalk Empire" star Charlie Cox could be the man without fear in Marvel Entertainment's upcoming Netflix series "Daredevil." The site reports this is just a rumor for the time being, but check back here for updates on casting for the series very soon.

What happened to Dexter? I liked this actor in Boardwalk Empire, and was bummed when he was murdered on the show.

(shrug)

+1

I was sure that he was THE guy to take on all of the other tough guys and he was...until he wasn't.... :sorry:

(shrug)

+1

I was sure that he was THE guy to take on all of the other tough guys and he was...until he wasn't.... :sorry:

When he started an affair with the boss' s wife, I had a feeling it wouldn't end well. But in this case, it wasn't Nucky that did him in.

:(

(shrug)

+1

When he started an affair with the boss' s wife, I had a feeling it wouldn't end well. But in this case, it wasn't Nucky that did him in.

Or did Nucky send him knowing that whoever was sent would be going on a suicide mission?

(shrug)

+1

Or did Nucky send him knowing that whoever was sent would be going on a suicide mission?

hm

Nucky is a strategist that would set something up like that. Wouldn't he?

I like when relatively unknown actors take on roles like this. If he does a great job - he becomes Matt Murdock/Daredevil rather than "Big Name Actor X" playing Daredevil. I hope he does a fantastic job! :wishluck:

(shrug)

+1

hm

I think Boardwalk Empire is the superior show compared to the Sopranos. It is like they picked a lot of the things that made the Sopranos so good and built upon it. I get a big kick out of them filming scenes in Williamsburg and Greenpoint Brooklyn.

Buscemi started up a new internet talk show on a park bench with the first episode taking place in a local bar and at McCarren Park.

Incidentally, remember the park where Jimmy goes to pay his respects and while he is near the fountain two guys come up from behind and Jimmy grabs the knife from his boot slicing one guys throat and killing the other? That was no mock up. That is Msgr. McGolrick Park, an actual "Great War" memorial park on Monitor Street in Greenpoint.

(shrug)

+1

hm

hm

You guys are devious/clever. That thought never occurred to me until now...

I like when relatively unknown actors take on roles like this. If he does a great job - he becomes Matt Murdock/Daredevil rather than "Big Name Actor X" playing Daredevil. I hope he does a fantastic job! :wishluck:

I think he will be great. He has a confidence without being cocky. Good choice imo.

(shrug)

+1

hm

I think Boardwalk Empire is the superior show compared to the Sopranos. It is like they picked a lot of the things that made the Sopranos so good and built upon it. I get a big kick out of them filming scenes in Williamsburg and Greenpoint Brooklyn.

Buscemi started up a new internet talk show on a park bench with the first episode taking place in a local bar and at McCarren Park.

Incidentally, remember the park where Jimmy goes to pay his respects and while he is near the fountain two guys come up from behind and Jimmy grabs the knife from his boot slicing one guys throat and killing the other? That was no mock up. That is Msgr. McGolrick Park, an actual "Great War" memorial park on Monitor Street in Greenpoint.

Thanks for the info. I don't know if I like it better than Sopranos. Very close in my mind but it kind of has that Game of Thrones quality of anything could happen to anybody at any time which I love.

I've never seen this dude in my life.

He certainly doesn't give me the Matt Murdock/DD vibe.

I'll reserve judgement. Some nice comments about his acting. Hopefully that bodes well because he doesn't really look the part.