• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #1

13 posts in this topic

Surprisingly, this was very good! I am not too familiar with Brubaker, but I am impressed with this issue - art's not bad either. You would think any storyline with the Red Skull has been driven into the ground, but this was refreshingly good, with a nice cliffhanger and lots of questions floating around.

Looking forward to issue #2 (never thought I would say that on a Cap title)... thumbsup2.gif

Brubaker kicks immeasurable [#@$%!!!]. This was no Sleeper, but it was pretty damned good.

I didn't pick up Cap, but I was finally able to get ahold of Issues #1 & 2 of Sleeper (Season 2). Now I can finally read them! 893applaud-thumb.gif

An aside to my previous comment....

Is there any reason publishers feel the need to print TPB's on delux paper? Why can't they use the cheap stuff?

I thnk the most I paid for a Preacher trade was $19.95. And that was thick as hell. At least twice the size of the Sleeper trade.

I think you can hit the ground running with just Season Two and enjoy it, but Season One is outrageously good and lays a lot of groundwork for what comes in Season Two.

Also interesting in terms of laying groundwork for Sleeper is Alan Moore's WILDC.a.t.s stuff...

Also interesting in terms of laying groundwork for Sleeper is Alan Moore's WILDC.a.t.s stuff...

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Add another to the "it's already been done by Moore" list. smile.gif

Not really "already done by Moore" but the way that Moore wrote the character Tao in his 'Cats run is definitely closely related to what Brubaker did with the character in Season One. Other than that the books are two different animals entirely.