• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starpc's 2014 Con Schedule - Accepting Subs for Big Wow Comicfest - May 17-18

31 posts in this topic

big-wow-logo-2000x1254.jpg

There's a great list of both celebrities and comic creators. I'll be accepting books for both. Additionally sketch requests will be accepted for some artists.

Prices:

Comic Creator CGC SS:

$60 for the first book for one signature, and $55/book w/ one signature after that. Each additional signature is $10/signature. This is based on Moderns only. Older books can be done, the price will of course increase by the difference in the applicable tier. Fast Tracking is included.

CGC SS Sketches:

$70 for dropoff/pickup. Fast Tracking is included. I do not keep any blanks in stock, so you will need to get me the blank(s) prior to the convention. You are responsible for any and all creator fees. I'll be capping requests for certain creators. PM me for details.

If you need to order a blank, you can check out Midtown's selection of blanks @ http://r.t7k.com/blanks

TIP: I highly recommend mailing the artist the blank(s) directly in advance. This often allows artists far more time to work on the sketches, which can sometimes translate into higher quality sketches.

Celebrity CGC SS:

$85 for the first book for one signature, and $80/book w/ one signature after that. Each additional signature is $25/signature. Fast Tracking is included. This is based on Moderns only. Older books can be done, the price will of course increase by the difference in the applicable tier.

Additional fees:

If I need to crack any slabs, that's $5/slab. If I need prep any books, that's $5/book. You are responsible for any and all creator signing/sketch fees.

Shipping:

Shipping back to a US address is free. Shipping to international will be exact.

Notes:

If you have your own dealer account, I'll work with you on price to allow you to sub under your own account. And yes we can crack out yellow label slabs. All yellow slabs will be cracked out for free.

Onsite:

If you are already attending the show and want to submit your books under CGC SS, we can do that as well. Just get ahold of me prior to the show so we can make arrangements to meet up @ Big Wow.

Books and payment in full are due no later than 5/12/14.

Comic Guests

Arthur Adams

Neal Adams

Charlie Adlard

Sergio Aragones

eBas

Nick Bradshaw

Mark Brooks

Nicole Brune

Jim Cheung

Frank Cho

Adi Granov

Dawn McTeigue

Mike Mignola

Terry Moore

Mark Morales

Siya Oum

Humberto Ramos

Sabine Rich

Joe Rubinstein

Nei Ruffino

Stan Sakai

Stuart Sayger

Doug Sneyd

Tim Vigil

Dexter Vines

Mike Zeck

Full Guest List here

I'm thrilled to announce my first exclusive sketch opp for Big Wow:

Holly Benton

Holly has agreed to take on two spots for Big Wow. The details are as follows.

• $150
  • 11x17 bristol
  • Fully rendered graphite
  • Female characters only
  • She reserves the right for final character approval
  • She reserves the rights to make prints out of the completed work
    • UPDATED: If colored prints get made, you will receive a free signed copy of the print

Below is a piece she did for ECCC 2014. Holly puts a ton of work into these (Catwoman took over 20 hours), and it shows. This price is a steal for quality of work you are getting.

1973287_1456617631237123_928293146_o.jpg

I'm thrilled to announce my second exclusive sketch opp for Big Wow:

Nicole Brune

Nicole has agreed to take on 10 spots for Big Wow. The details are as follows. The price includes CGC SS grading w/ FT and shipping to you. You'll need to provide you own blanks. All blanks are due by 5/1/14.

• $180 - Black & White (Graphite/ Pencil)
  • $230 - Colors (Graphite, ink and colored pencil)
  • Sketch Cover (you provide)

Black & White

rogue%2520sketch%2520mar%25202014-u2461-fr.jpg

catwoman%2520drawing%2520cover.jpg

Color

daenerys%2520targaryen%2520-%2520khaleesi-%2520colored%2520cartoon%2520april%25202014%25202-u2445-fr.jpg

My CAW has the following blanks in stock. If anybody has been on the fence about requesting a sketch cover, now is a good time to get it done.

Quantity DC Blank

9 Action Comics

4 Aquaman

14 Batman

16 Batman Detective Comics

4 Batman Lil Gotham

9 Green Lantern

1 Justice League

1 Swamp Thing

10 Wonder Woman

5 Batman Black and White

5 Harley Quinn