• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any collectors of multiple grades of same book?

41 posts in this topic

Not sure if he would've had graded ones on the really low end. He probably had some raw ones that would be on the lower side.

Can't remember what the final count (raw & graded) is.

He's taken some long breaks before. And he didn't have an FDQ this last time. Dunno. I'm sure he'll be back. I think he takes film courses. Maybe he's been busy with that. (shrug)

Has he been selling on eBay?

I have lots of books where I have multiple copies through upgrading and not selling the undercopies, but its not really a plan to have them in different grades, this is just the way its worked out. :grin:

Not sure if he would've had graded ones on the really low end. He probably had some raw ones that would be on the lower side.

I seem to recall Cal mentioning he had 700 copies at one time.

When I was splurge buying on eBay, I somehow ended up with half a dozen raw Avengers #15.

I really like the Kirby battle cover, Cap's showdown with Zemo, and the fact that that issue concludes the original Avengers team. Add those to my original copy bought off the rack, and my CGC copy, I have a least 8 copies.

Somehow I ended up with half a dozen raw copies of Journey into Mystery 110 and 111 as well.

Oh, and I impulse bought a lot of 8 or 10 raw copies of Strange tales #160 from a Showcase New England auction.

I don't know why.

Is it possible to get a 9.7 or 9.5 or something?
Is it possible to get a 9.7 or 9.5 or something?

no only 9.0 9.2,4,6,8,9

Wizard had promotional cgc books in 9.5.

The very short lived Wizard First. That went over like a lead balloon.

We killed it here when it was first announced (shocker!).

[font:Book Antiqua]For the new generation of board members...

BTW where he has been lately...?[/font]

(shrug)

155499_181856465158242_6684999_n_zps23280152.jpg

He could be filming another documentary from a top secret, undisclosed storage locker. Or maybe someone locked him one.

WHAT is his obsession with this book?

I think it was that his allowance wasn't big enough for him to purchase it off the newsstand, and the missed opportunity haunted him for a number of years until he was able to find/afford it as a back issue. It scarred him badly enough that the hole could never be filled no matter how many copies of the book Cal shoveled into it.

I think it was that his allowance wasn't big enough for him to purchase it off the newsstand, and the missed opportunity haunted him for a number of years until he was able to find/afford it as a back issue. It scarred him badly enough that the hole could never be filled no matter how many copies of the book Cal shoveled into it.

Jesus Christ.

You know how many books I wanted badly as a kid and I could only buy 2. I never resorted to anything like this.