• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World's Bruce Campbell's Horror Fest, Chicago -- August 18-21, 2016

21 posts in this topic

I'd heard that Campbell signed an exclusive deal with Wizard, and apparently that means getting your own horror themed show...

Home Page

Edit: recycling the old thread. It's not on the Wizard home page, but is on the retailer forms for early sign-up. We'll see if they do it again.

Bruce is exclusive with Wizard for 2015.

Kinda crappy they are doing ANOTHER horror con in Chicago...they have Flashback Weekend, which is an awesome show, and Days of the Dead Chicago, which is another awesome show.

Either way Wizard won't get the rare horror people, probably the same ones they always have...like TWD people.

They show has now been postponed to August 22-23. What I think will happen is that it's going to be like the Social Con they had, where the Vine people had one hall for them while Chicago Comic Con was taking place on the other halls of the building.

Kinda because I have to cancel air and hotel reservations, but I'll probably use those funds to go to Wizard Philly. I was already going to WW Chicago in August so this move is kinda good, I guess.

It's going to be free for WW Chicago attendees. I guess it will take place on a different hall. They are refunding everyone.

This sounds like a reason to raise ticket prices under the guise of " but you get admission to two shows for the same price!" If I recall correctly the Social con they held last August in conjunction with Chicago was separate admission.

So, different admission? Would you have to pay twice to go into both?

(shrug) Good question. I checked the website and it doesn't say anyplace. Higher up on this page Jorge says it'll be free for WW Chicago ticket holders, and since he got refunded for his March tickets I'm guessing that Wizard told him that back when they rescheduled it. They have a $100 four day pass for WW and a $60 pass for this show, so my guess would be that people who buy the "cheap" pass can only go to the horror show, but WW attendees can go to both. But that is just a guess. I imagine they'll have some angry folks who get turned away from the larger show for spending "only" $60 for admission. Seems like a PR nightmare waiting to happen.

I'm also guessing that this means that last year's Social Con was a flop. They haven't done one of those since last year. Either they lost money or the "talent" wanted too much to come back.

Yes, this event is free if you purchase a WWC pass.

Social Con was actually a big hit, but all Comic Con attendees were pissed off because of the screaming teen girls. Even at other cities, I know the Vine kids sold 800 photo ops on a Friday.

Yes, this event is free if you purchase a WWC pass.

Social Con was actually a big hit, but all Comic Con attendees were pissed off because of the screaming teen girls. Even at other cities, I know the Vine kids sold 800 photo ops on a Friday.

I was at the comic show three of the four days and never heard one screaming girl, and nobody else I talked to said anything negative either (other than that there was such a thing). That doesn't mean that some weren't pissed off, but I didn't hear anything about it from the people or dealers I talked to.

I can't imagine Wizard, of all people, ditching something that made money just because someone complained about screaming girls. If it had made money, and they could do it again, they would.