• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thought this was a joke- Stan Lee signs Batman comic

25 posts in this topic

This is why Stans autograph isn't worth squat.

Completely ignorant statement. Stan's signature adds value to virtually every Yellow book. Just because you think it, doesn't make it so, Oak.

Yeah Oak, what's the matter with you, everyone virtually knows that you can hide color touch under a stan lee signature and you automatically get a one grade bump with a stan lee signature, it's common knowledge Oak, you ignorinuranus.

Completely ignorant statement. Stan's signature adds value to virtually every Yellow book. Just because you think it, doesn't make it so, Oak.

I wouldn't spend any extra cash for Stan Lees signature,Now Frazetta is another story. (thumbs u

That's fine. You are entitled to all of your opinions. But Stan's SS is very often a value add proposition, despite its ubiquitousness, and a lot of people believe anything that gets typed around here.

There are variables. Given all of the ASM 700's, etc. out there I can understand why some folks are so bearish on Stan's SS. Depends on which comic it is, what grade it is, and what significance said comic has to buyer.

I can tell you with certainty, that if you are after 9.8 SA, BA, and some CA runs with Stan Lee the float is very small in many cases and you would be surprised if you looked at the actual inventory that is available. It is a finite number.

Here is a link from ebay of over 1,300 auctions that all sold which are CGC SS Stan Lee ranging as high $19Kish on a BIN/best offer. Someone out there is paying money for these slabs.

Check out this gem.