• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non-Traditional Western Comics Covers- Share your scans!

30 posts in this topic

Just curious if any members here have some Western Comics with non-traditional covers (covers that depict the villian in a costume, i.e. The Raven, The Black Panther, ect) Marvels done by Kirby circa 1960-1962 have a few in the Kid Colt Outlaw, Rawhide Kid's & Two-Gun Kid's. Care to share soome scans? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

Sweet!! These are almost as good as pre-hero books!!!

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Yep, and there are a few to go. Some actually may be pre-hero. There is a villian named the Panther who appeared in one of the Marvel western titles which is a dead ringer for the Black Panther, except for the six gun and gun belt. The Panther appeared before the Black Panther's first apperance iin the Fantastic Four. I have a few and will post scans over this long weekend.

One reason I wanted to start this thread is that the Gerber Photo Journals have quite a gap between the Golden Age and Silver Age westerns. Thought this might give some insight to books not normally seen. thumbsup2.gif

I believe most, but not all, of these will be Kirby covers. Hopefully will see a few that have not been seen in awhile. hi.gif