• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non-Traditional Western Comics Covers- Share your scans!

30 posts in this topic

Fuelman

I have a Kid Colt 107, and the 100 as well as the Two-Gun Kid 22 have long been on my "I'll get around to these one day" want list, but the Kid Colt 93 I had never seen - way cool cover. I've always thought that early Marvel Westerns have had the potential for collector interest that pre-hero books have had. Monster covers, continuing characters, costumed villians, Kirby, origin issues - all the stuff Marvel collectors dig. Retcon the Two-Gun Kid as Wolverine's great granddaddy and your set.

Jayman

coincidentally, that's the second "Gunsmoke" #16 posted in this thread, but I believe what Fuelman is asking for are scans of the Atlas/Marvel title Gunsmoke Western which featured Two-Gun Kid and Kid Colt, and unbeknownst to many Marvel collectors was published concurrently with early issues of Fantastic Four, the Hulk, and JIM Thor appearances.

Jayman

coincidentally, that's the second "Gunsmoke" #16 posted in this thread, but I believe what Fuelman is asking for are scans of the Atlas/Marvel title Gunsmoke Western which featured Two-Gun Kid and Kid Colt, and unbeknownst to many Marvel collectors was published concurrently with early issues of Fantastic Four, the Hulk, and JIM Thor appearances.

Well Son-of-a-Gun(smoke)!

My Bad! flowerred.gif

Jayman

Well Son-of-a-Gun(smoke)!

My Bad! flowerred.gif

Watch yer mouth there, pardner, or West will meet East with this little fella ! sumo.gif

rjpb is correct. The Atlas/Marvel Gunsmoke Western ran from Dec. 1955 to July 1963. Kirby covers # 34, 56, 57, 58, 60, 61, 62, 63, 66, 68, 69 & 71-77. I have one or two with Non Traditional covers (I'll try to put them up tonight). thumbsup2.gif

Fuelman

I have a Kid Colt 107, and the 100 as well as the Two-Gun Kid 22 have long been on my "I'll get around to these one day" want list, but the Kid Colt 93 I had never seen - way cool cover. I've always thought that early Marvel Westerns have had the potential for collector interest that pre-hero books have had. Monster covers, continuing characters, costumed villians, Kirby, origin issues - all the stuff Marvel collectors dig. Retcon the Two-Gun Kid as Wolverine's great granddaddy and your set.

Looks like you and I have the same feelings about these books. You have three that I don't have ( I love that Two-Gun Kid # 22. Gotta get me one a those soon!)

I enjoy collecting them just as much as pre-hero monster books!

"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-beatch" - John Wayne from "True Grit" 893applaud-thumb.gif

Happy Thanksgiving, Pilgrims ! devil.gif

duke.jpg