• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying to add a book that is "owned" by someone else in the registry.

7 posts in this topic

Hey all!

I just bought a book from a seller on ebay and I'm trying to add it to the registry. Needless to say it won't allow me to add. I contacted the guy on ebay and he owned the book for 2 years and never added to the registry, so he can't help me. The system said it would add the book to my collection in a few days if the owner did not object. It's been three days and no change. Where do I need to go from here? (shrug)

That has happened to me twice. Each time, CGC had emailed the owner of record, and then if they don't hear from them within a couple days, they transfered them to me. Wait another day and I bet it will clear up on it's own.

The system allows the previous owner or owner to reject or accept the offer. Or, they do nothing with it and I transfer it over. This whole process takes 7-10 days.

Sometimes people type in wrong numbers, sometimes the owner does nothing. Many reasons on why it can take about a week or so.

Thanks,

Nicole