• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heart Strings: A New Love in My Life!

31 posts in this topic

Congrats on picking up a new passion. Playing music is a joy though I don't do it much anymore. Started building things as you know. Maybe I'll get back to it one day. I have a killer 1969 Gibson SG. Love your guitars too. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

PS: I thought maybe you would be gunning to become a Kim Thayil protégé. :)

You know me well Brother!

I went to Sam Ash Friday night and bought guitar sheet music for Pink Floyd and Rush, but I was looking for other stuff including Soundgarden. Ash was out of stock on a SG book... But I ordered it online.

I can't wait to learn some rock riffs and licks.

Have you finished your latest diorama?

SW3D

That's awesome you picked up the axe. :headbang: I've finally been picking mine up again and playing. Glad you're enjoying it. Another great way to learn songs is here at http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/. It's full of tabs layed out by different people. Sometimes the accuracy isn't 100% but it will help develop your ear in listening to what might be wrong. Here's an old picture of my stuff. I've since picked up a Dean 12 string acoustic/electric.

<a  href=DSCN2487_zps719e9c52-1.jpg' alt='DSCN248

I can't play the keyboard. Thats mostly for the wife and daughter as they can actually play. The rest of the room has more comics, die cast model cars and lots more signed football memoribilia. But now that I'm about to move I may lose my special room.

I don't know if you've seen the latest "Tiger in the Marsh"...I finished it last Summer I think.

www.mark-armor.com

But I've been working on a really large diorama for 9 months or so. Hopefully will be finished by Summer's end. I'll let you know once it's published.

Floyd songs are really fun to learn. Relatively simple, but provide much satisfaction. I loved learning "Pigs on the Wing" and "Echoes". I never learned any Rush or SG, but I imagine they are more challenging.

I remember this photo... Your Man Cave totally Rocks!

I'm glad to read you picked up the guitar again.

Thanks for the weblink... if there are other guitar resources you recommend, please share.

SW3D

Wow... 9 months... gotta feelin' this one's going to be EPIC!

PF's my favorite band. Love "Pigs on a Wing"... can't wait to play it.

Echoes seems so very complex. To see Gilmour play it on "Live at Pompei" is utterly fascinating... he plays so effortlessly... I wish I had his talent.

SW3D

I never learned all of Echoes. Just the chorus. You're right...very complex, esp. the part where Gilmour is playing it sitting down w/ guitar in lap on Pompeii...so freakin' cool. I just learned the "singing" parts- not so tough. B flat is the main chord if I remember. Not the easiest chord to play, but something to work towards. Man, I wish I had the internet when I was learning. Those sites are an awesome resource.