• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craig'slist top 40

66 posts in this topic

This one popped up on a sat morning with no pictures and I tried to contact the seller to no avail. I went on a couple of errands and came back,I looked again to see they posted pictures. Glad I didn't get ahold of them.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bks/4419024630.html

X-Men #1 is really worth $300 he says.... :sick:

Where do these people get their info from???

It is like the time I heard some goof in the comic store ranting to the guy about what makes a book "Mint". His explanation was that it had to be untouched by human hands, ala pre-bagged comics or something. I was just like WTF!?!

Ha ha! Back in the day, I was selling an issue of Bone through a classified ad in the CBG. I was talking to a kid about 15 years old who wanted to buy it. He asking me: "Is it mint? Has it been touched by Human hands?"

I replied: "Not HUMAN Hands".

Every craigslist ad I post, I ask for the phone number. One, it tells me who is really interested and who is spam. Two, cuts down on what I call "email tag".

For example:

1st email: Do you still have it?

2nd email: yes I do

3rd email: when can you meet?

4th email: this afternoon

5th email: that won't work for me, how about tomorrow afternoon?

6th email: I can do that but I'll be at work, can you meet me there?

7th email: where do you work?

So on and so forth....these emails could takes days while a phone call takes minutes.

And here's someone that thinks that replying to complete strangers on craigslist with a phone number is the way to do business. Did I mention he must have your phone number? He does. He must have you phone number.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/clt/4428204497.html

--------------------------

Lot of 100 Spider-Man comics - $40 (Smithtown)

Lot of marvel comics 100 spider man comics. All boarded and bagged. No cherry picking. Whole lot only. Possibly free delivery. All inquiries must leave a phone number to be considered legit.

Under the category of you can't make this stuff up. The first insufficiently_thoughtful_person to inquire didn't leave his phone number. He's probably not even a scammer he's just a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. But in any event I can't gamble because he's stupid. Due to all the scammers on craigslist I will only deal with people who leave phone numbers! There I wrote it twice on one ad. I guarantee people still will ask me what year hey are from and not even leave their phone number. Oh well that just means the first smart person to read the ad will get he comics

--------------------------

All the energy it took him to write the above could have been used to describe what he was actually selling, or to post a helpful photo or two.