• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 48 vs FF 52

32 posts in this topic

The significance of 48 can't be understated..... it's a corner stone of the Marvel Universe. It just took all that nobility that was bubbling up to the surface in the whole Marvel line and kicked it into overdrive. You've been around awhile like me .... remember when FF 48 wasn't even separated out from the 41-50 group ? I got a NM copy through the mail in the mid 70's for 75 cents lol ..... man, those were the days. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The significance of 48 can't be understated..... it's a corner stone of the Marvel Universe. It just took all that nobility that was bubbling up to the surface in the whole Marvel line and kicked it into overdrive. You've been around awhile like me .... remember when FF 48 wasn't even separated out from the 41-50 group ? I got a NM copy through the mail in the mid 70's for 75 cents lol ..... man, those were the days. GOD BLESS...

I always remember FF #48 being listed on its own. Guess I am not as old as you are. :baiting:lol:foryou:

Who remembers Comics Values Monthly? :cloud9: from 1990.....one of the first guides I bought when I got back into the hobby after dropping comics in my teens.

da7db99675704c8ded7a778d026bbc74_zps2b2b2b31.jpg[/img]

.... remember when FF 48 wasn't even separated out from the 41-50 group ? I got a NM copy through the mail in the mid 70's for 75 cents lol ..... man, those were the days. GOD BLESS...

I wasn't buying back issues in the mid 70s, but I sure do remember cheap FF 48s! My keeper is maybe a fine+ (tops), and I paid $10 for it. I used to buy them if I ever saw one sitting unloved in a shop for too long. And 52s were like that 2 years ago!

...... many of those I'd only read as MCIC or Marvel's Greatest and those often had new covers.... so opening a package back then was especially cool seeing some of those awesome Kirby covers for the first time. FF 48 was one of them. I think FF 52 was also. My buddy Richard says he was dumbfounded by the cover to 48 when he first saw it on the stands.... it's one of his favorites to this day. I like it too..... but the cover to 52 actually appeals to me more ..... with all that machinery that looks like vines and cattails on that black cover :cloud9: ..... easily one of my top 5 FF covers. GOD BLESS...

Wow! back in about 83 i was at a little comics convention in Kenilworth NJ and a silver age dealer who didn't do as well as he hoped started yelling out FF48 in NM for $30. I bought it. Easy NM, think it would have certified at 9.6.

Wow! back in about 83 i was at a little comics convention in Kenilworth NJ and a silver age dealer who didn't do as well as he hoped started yelling out FF48 in NM for $30. I bought it. Easy NM, think it would have certified at 9.6.

...... love those days. About that same time I was snagging VF Ditko ASM's in the single digits for 40 bucks .....the teens were 20 bucks..... etc..... GOD BLESS...

Prices will plummet on the 52 once it cools off. Meanwhile, the 48 will maintain its slow, consistent FMV. Short term Movie hype can't compare to long standing characters/key books.
(thumbs u

Yes, this goes without saying – but #52 needs no movie hype to assess its value.

Ryan said it is not "in the same league" to him: undeniably wrong, as you cannot compare a cosmic event to technological wonders at the very heart of Africa, but undeniably they share a depth of vision which 98% of today’s writers can only dream about. :sick:

Prices will plummet on the 52 once it cools off. Meanwhile, the 48 will maintain its slow, consistent FMV. Short term Movie hype can't compare to long standing characters/key books.
(thumbs u

Nah, do not agree with this at all. I think they both will climb slow and steady. FF52 is just now getting the attention it deserves.

The slow term movie hype acts that way when the book has no value per se, or is very common. It’s clear that now it greatly affects the market by creating the speculative bubbles but, regardless, a book popularity lasts depending on artistic quality and merit. :)