• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got my modern Grades back from CGC

38 posts in this topic

LMFAO, many were top census because I was the only one dumb enough to submit them tongue.gif "Nochips" can blow me for saying that I can't grade. smirk.gif How is that for not knowing how to grade jerk?

Marvel Team-Up #29 CGC 9.8 ow/w (Top census) (Jasons-auctions graded NM)

Marvel Team-Up #31 CGC 9.6 White (Top Census)

Marvel Team-Up #33 CGC 9.4 ow/w (Top Census)

Marvel Team-Up #34 CGC 9.6 White (Top Census)

Marvel Team-Up #38 CGC 9.4 ow/w (Top Census)

Marvel Team-Up #38 CGC 9.2 White

Marvel Team-Up #46 CGC 9.6 White (Top Census)

Marvel Team-Up #48 CGC 9.8 White (Top Census)

Marvel Team-Up #49 CGC 9.8 ow/w (Top Census)

Marvel Team-Up #50 CGC 9.6 ow/w (Top Census)

Marvel Two-in-one #7 CGC 9.8 White (Top Census)

Marvel Two-in-one #8 CGC 9.6 White (Top Census)

Marvel Two-in-one #10 CGC 9.6 White (Top Census)

Marvel Two-in-one #11 CGC 9.6 White (Top Census)

Marvel Two-in-one #13 CGC 9.6 White

Marvel Two-in-one #14 CGC 9.6 ow/w (Top Census)

Marvel Two-in-one #15 CGC 9.8 ow/w (Top Census)

Marvel Two-in-one #16 CGC 9.6 White (Top Census)

Marvel Two-in-one #17 CGC 9.6 White (Top Census)

Marvel Two-in-one #18 CGC 9.8 White (Top Census)

G.I. Joe #5 CGC 9.6 ow/w

G.I. Joe #15 CGC 9.6 ow/w (Top Census)

G.I. Joe #20 CGC 9.6 ow/w (Top Census) It's saying "HI" dungeon tongue.gif

Hulk #34 CGC 9.6 White

Power Pack #27 CGC 9.8 White (Top Census) JLA_All_the_Way??? tongue.gif

Yup, and I have posted them here since he wanted to know how they came back. I also showed my gratitude by dedicating a post to him for our excellent transaction if you don't remember. tongue.gif Your buddy Stuart (nochips) can suck a fat one for calling his POS books NM and accusing me of not knowing how to grade. smirk.gif

Good job RD!! shocked.gif

Let the record show my grades for these were as follows:

Marvel Team-Up 31 NM

Marvel Team-Up 33 NM

Marvel Team-Up 34 NM

Marvel Team-Up 38 NM

Marvel Team-Up 46 NM

Marvel Team-Up 48 NM+

Marvel Team-Up 49 NM-

Marvel Team-Up 50 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 7 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 8 NM-

Marvel Two-in-One 10 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 11 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 13 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 14 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 15 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 16 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 17 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 18 NM

Strict grading...as always. grin.gif

And no greggy, I don't think RD is rubbing it in my face, I'm happy for him! Rubbing it in my face is buying books from me and turning around and trying to flip 'em on this forum before I've even sent them out...

laugh.gif ROFL

Yes, these are for my personal collection and I thank you for the great batch you sold me. laugh.gif I have never ever, bought so many high grade books in one shot on the net because people grade like [!@#%^&^] wink.gif

So...your grading was off again? What? Someone tried to sell an unnamed Werewolf by Night book before he received it? crazy.gif

BTW, change your friggin' signature! mad.gif

Just a question on your signature:

Who is this seller known as "nochips" ? Is he a member of this forum ?

What's the whole story ?

I'm just asking you theses questions because i have just bought comics from him and i'm now really afraid...

Well, I cannot comment on your transaction with him, but he tried to pass off NM and NM+ bronze books to me and they were all FN/VF to VF/NM range with the majority falling in the VF range.

My first transaction with him was for a Marvel Team-Up #29 which was junk that he bought from Mile High Comics: Junk MTU #29

After I returned this book, he accused me of switching this book on him! What a freakin loser! Greg straightened him out real fast after he made that absurd comment and I gave him a second chance by buying these (below) as well as many other books off of ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12593&item=2150818948&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12593&item=2150818921&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12593&item=2150818923&rd=1

This sorry batch arrives with the "NM+" arriving with major edge wear, dinged corners, spine stress.etc etc. Out of kindness, I kept a few of the overgraded books (keep in mind I paid guide for raw books!) and sent a few back with a letter enclosed since my computer was down. He emails me saying that I can't grade and that I will never be able to do business with anyone. Well look at that...wham!!! Look at those CGC grades up there [!@#%^&^]! tongue.gif

His me page is a sack of BS because I returned a lot more books than what he states. He doesn't make customers happy...he criticizes them for not agreeing with his POS grades when in fact he is off! I have contacted others who have done business with him and they all say the same exact thing. "His grading was solid before, but his grading stinks now. I no longer buy from him." At first I thought it was just me, but nope...others say the same thing and are just afraid to confront him about it. I did and he got pissed. tongue.gif

I took a quick look at the large scan on that auction. The lower left corner looks like it has a very small bump, but the cover looks well centered and smooth and the right top and bottom corners look sharp. Just from the scan it is a nice looking book and looks about a 9.4 or so (IMHO). A 9.6 may be pushing it but may not be out of reach. smile.gif