• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole Schave collection: face jobs?

4,963 posts in this topic

While you do know that it was pressed, what you don't know is how many times it was pressed and submitted before it got the grade bump. Once? Twice? Thrice? Only two people know, and I doubt they would be willing to tell.

That's not right, Joe. The 9.0 was a book I consigned to a dealer, who had it on sale for over a year. In SD this past year, he had Matt press some books for him, and this one slipped in when he forgot it was a consignment book. I got the comic back when I took possession of the unsold remains of my TOS run.

Pressed once.

Pressed by CCS.

Grade bumped - you can see why when you look at the lower left corner ding on the front cover of the 9.0 copy.

A small but unmistakable bit of cover shrinkage.

I stand corrected.

While you do know that it was pressed, what you don't know is how many times it was pressed and submitted before it got the grade bump. Once? Twice? Thrice? Only two people know, and I doubt they would be willing to tell.

That's not right, Joe. The 9.0 was a book I consigned to a dealer, who had it on sale for over a year. In SD this past year, he had Matt press some books for him, and this one slipped in when he forgot it was a consignment book. I got the comic back when I took possession of the unsold remains of my TOS run.

Pressed once.

Pressed by CCS.

Grade bumped - you can see why when you look at the lower left corner ding on the front cover of the 9.0 copy.

Some will still say you don't have a video physically showing the cover shrinking during the pressing process so you can't definitively conclude the shrinking was caused by pressing. It could still be caused by SCS (spontaneous cover shrinking) which is not downgraded.

Pressed once.

Pressed by CCS.

Some will still say you don't have a video physically showing the cover shrinking during the pressing process so you can't definitively conclude the shrinking was caused by pressing. It could still be caused by SCS (spontaneous cover shrinking) which is not downgraded.

I like to call those people "in denial."

;)

-slym

Pressed once.

Pressed by CCS.

Sorry, SCS has already been taken (Shaken Comic Syndrome). The correct acronym is EBCS (Environment-Based Cover Shrinkage).

;)

Pressed once.

Pressed by CCS.

I like to call those people "in denial."

;)

-slym

They live somewhere in Egypt.

Pressed once.

Pressed by CCS.

I stand corrected.

But...it then reinforces that a single press can produce cover shrinkage.

Pressed once.

Pressed by CCS.

I stand corrected.

Prove it! Show us video !

:jokealert:

Pressed once.

Pressed by CCS.

I stand corrected.

It's more than just multiple pressings. I've seen books that were pressed as many as three times and they don't exhibit the incredible shrinking cover.

This whole thing is looking more and more like a profitable accident.You know, like Thomas Adams trying to make synthetic rubber and ending up with chewing gum... except this time we're ending up with synthetic grades.

Pressed once.

Pressed by CCS.

No, I think most people will agree that if the facts line up that the cover shrinkage was caused by pressing, even a single press.

But don't let that stop you from telling everyone what some people think. Rocks made of hyperbole are the internet game of choice!

Pressed once.

Pressed by CCS.

No, I think most people will agree that if the facts line up that the cover shrinkage was caused by pressing, even a single press.

But don't let that stop you from telling everyone what some people think. Rocks made of hyperbole are the internet game of choice!

Correct ROy, I can leave it to you to continue to spread your BS.

Don't you have some bindery chips to make someplace (shrug)

Oh look, more rocks being flung! That's really grown up.

That sad thing that keeps getting overlooked is that everyone in this thread agrees with each other until the thread starts to turn into personal insults but some people just can't refrain from kicking sand in other people's faces.

That sad thing that keeps getting overlooked is that everyone in this thread agrees with each other until the thread starts to turn into personal insults but some people just can't refrain from kicking sand in other people's faces.

The arguments play into the hands of the parasites at CCS who keep raking in the dough & laughing in the faces of the people who actually care about conserving books.

The arguments play into the hands of the parasites at CCS who keep raking in the dough & laughing in the faces of the people who actually care about conserving books.

Don't sugarcoat your thoughts. Tell us how you really feel. :baiting:

This thread is a lot like the Kennedy assassination - lots of facts all over the place, but people keep arguing about everything else except for the facts.

This thread is politics 101 in a nutshell.

This thread is a lot like the Kennedy assassination - lots of facts all over the place, but people keep arguing about everything else except for the facts.

This thread is politics 101 in a nutshell.

So now you're trying to get it shut down by suggesting it's political? :baiting: