• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resubmission that worked out beautifully!

36 posts in this topic

I resubmitted this Spidey #300 CGC 9.6 which I thought was undergraded and guess what?

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/rn039/_uimages/spiderman300.JPG

It came back a 9.8!!! Steve was kind enough to review it personally. I guess resubmitting with the label isn't so bad tongue.gif Better than creating those ghost entrees tongue.gif

Thanks CGC!

Doesn't this strike anyone else as odd? A slabbed 9.6 comes back a 9.8. Huh?

If this is the case, then why should I

(1) continue to trust CGC's grading

(2) pay crazy mutliples of guide of 9.8? It does really seem to be buying the label.

I know that there has been some other talk about "strategic submissions" and if I recall correctly someone sent in a ASM 4 that went from a 8.5 to a 9.2, but this example is just the most ridiculous thing that I ever heard of. While there are specific perceivable distinctions set by overstreet for what would be a VF+ vs a NM-, what's the difference as per noticeable Overstreet flaws between a 9.6 and a 9.8? I bought that grading guide and the pictures of the 2 grades were about as helpful as if I were as blind as Daredevil. There are absolutel no perceivable flaws of those books. Even in the 9.6/9.8 books that I have/had (and I've gone through about 100 of them, including a 9.6 Hulk 181 and a 9.6 GS X 1) it is tough, if at all possible, to detect the difference. I just don't get it.

Feel free to send all of your books to me for "resubmission." Make sure that you don't insure them or have any tracking on them of any sort wink.gif PM me and I will provide a drop off point, errr, I mean address tongue.gif

and I will provide a drop off point,

Hey Rick! I sent my books to you at the drop off point. As I recall it was "the fourth trash can in the State Park from the North Entrance. Put it under the pile of newspapers but keep it in 4 mil mylar with an acid free-alkaline buffered backing board".

It HAS been about 7 months but I have faith in you! I STILL wonder why your handwriting looks like letters cut out from the newspaper but I have learned to not question personal proclivities.

"why should I

(2) pay crazy mutliples of guide of 9.8? It does really seem to be buying the label."

You shouldn't. It's never was a good idea, isn't currently a good idea and never will be a good idea. But if your into labels more then comics then go for it! You'll be able to pass those labels down from one generation to the next, but don't forget to change re-sup those labels every seven years........

Yes, I believe too many people are hung up on the label saying something so they automatically believe it'll get the same grade or lower. I've resubmitted twice. Once I got one that went from a 9.4 (it was a very early grade with the red modern label) to a 9.8, I believe it was obvious this book was a 9.6 or a 9.8. The other book I resubmitted stuck at 9.4.

Brian

Yes I have trust for CGC tongue.gif I resubmitted it because I personally felt that it was undergraded. Even the seller himself recommended a resubmit. It was a no brainer after looking at the census!!! shocked.gif