• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie #1 remainder copy restored

25 posts in this topic

Amazing work as usual!

Is your ink-transfer method something you use on all types of pages (colour covers, interiors, inside covers) or is it saved just hi-detailed black and white pages?

Is it a risky technique, as I assume you need to work from another source to obtain a transfer.

Amazing work as usual!

Is your ink-transfer method something you use on all types of pages (colour covers, interiors, inside covers) or is it saved just hi-detailed black and white pages?

Is it a risky technique, as I assume you need to work from another source to obtain a transfer.

It is reserved for black ink, and I use it only when doing it by hand isn't feasable. The interior cover was missing typeset, and the volume of detail was very high.

It is tricky, especially a large area like the Archie. I was very relieved it applied without a hitch.

One of the reasons I don't use it on color applications is due to the difficult nature of color matching. I don't think most people realize how hard it is to match an original aged color.