• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just watched Man of Steel again...

209 posts in this topic

Technology has improved so it's not fair to compare the movies on that level-also movies were campier back in the 70's so you can't really compare them to modern movies. If you watch Dirty Harry compared to a modern good cop movie it's kinda dumb. But I wouldn't call old movies trash, for their time period they were better than for what MOS is for this period. Superman 3 and 4 are jokes but superman and maybe superman 2 were good. They're just dated is all. MOS had some serious flaws like him letting his dad die. If I had super powers there is nothing on Earth that would stop me from saving my dad I don't care who witnessed it. Just letting him die was a knife in the heart of him being a 'hero'.

Any reason anyone has in not enjoying this movie is absurd unless they universally do not enjoy any Superman movie yet to date..

If anyone didn't like MOS then I want to hear even worse bashing then for Superman I or II then with Reeve.

The first two Superman movies are among my favorite superhero movies, probably both in the top 5.

I'd watch "Quest for Peace" again before "Flying Batman." But not trying to pick a fight; I'm glad when anyone likes a movie they took the time/paid the money to watch.

Any reason anyone has in not enjoying this movie is absurd unless they universally do not enjoy any Superman movie yet to date..

If anyone didn't like MOS then I want to hear even worse bashing then for Superman I or II then with Reeve.

The first two Superman movies are among my favorite superhero movies, probably both in the top 5.

I'd watch "Quest for Peace" again before "Flying Batman." But not trying to pick a fight; I'm glad when anyone likes a movie they took the time/paid the money to watch.

'Flying Batman'-I love it.

Technology has improved so it's not fair to compare the movies on that level-also movies were campier back in the 70's so you can't really compare them to modern movies. If you watch Dirty Harry compared to a modern good cop movie it's kinda dumb. But I wouldn't call old movies trash, for their time period they were better than for what MOS is for this period. Superman 3 and 4 are jokes but superman and maybe superman 2 were good. They're just dated is all. MOS had some serious flaws like him letting his dad die. If I had super powers there is nothing on Earth that would stop me from saving my dad I don't care who witnessed it. Just letting him die was a knife in the heart of him being a 'hero'.

That is you but in the story the dad knew if Clark saved him then the world would see his true identity.

Dirty Harry isn't that dated to me. Superman I and II were campy when they were made so as an adult I would think my opinion would have been the same if I was my same age now back then.

Nothing from that movie struck me as what the, well maybe at the end when Superman did the correct act in killing zod.

In my eyes Superman became an actual cool Superhero again. :preach:

I enjoyed watching him decide wether to give a spoon about humans or not. That is exactly how I would be if I went to another planet and had god-like powers.

I think the big problem some people had was seeing all that destruction to the city with the final fight with Zod and they didn't show Superman (Henry) fighting and saving innocent human lives as opposed to when Superman (Reeve) did in Superman II. People seemed angry that Superman wasn't shown always saving everyone blah blah blah

Cause you know when he fought Doomsday and died in the comics the only person that died that day was Superman himself. Riiiiiiiiight :/

To me Zack Synder delivered big time with MOS.

I do enjoy seeing the 1st appearance of Sentry! lol

See I don;t think MOS was that dark. Just thought yeah thats a modern day Superman that makes sense.

But that is just me......

i lost count on how many times i seen the movie already

+ 1

I really like this movie for its -script, soundtrack, actor selection, fantastic visuals throughout and ability to make Superman exciting again in a movie. And when it came to villains that could truly challenge Superman, Zod and his fanatical followers achieved this while also demonstrating a side to their purpose that could potentially leave a viewer pitying them due to the loss of their world and people. They weren't shallow characters with the only intent being disruption and destruction without a real mission that made sense.

So I guess I like this one. Even enough to buy the DVD, and soon the Blu-Ray.

i lost count on how many times i seen the movie already

+ 1

I really like this movie for its -script, soundtrack, actor selection, fantastic visuals throughout and ability to make Superman exciting again in a movie. And when it came to villains that could truly challenge Superman, Zod and his fanatical followers achieved this while also demonstrating a side to their purpose that could potentially leave a viewer pitying them due to the loss of their world and people. They weren't shallow characters with the only intent being disruption and destruction without a real mission that made sense.

So I guess I like this one. Even enough to buy the DVD, and soon the Blu-Ray.

Yes Sir.

That is why I just laugh when a critic of MOS says the story was horrible, cause yea Superman II's story was soooooo different. Give me a break!

Henry Cavill is way ahead of his time and this movie will be appreciated more as it gets older.

Henry Cavill's portrayal of Superman is the same caliber as Timothy Dalton's James Bond. Way ahead of his time. Pierce Brosnan you corporate fraud Bond. :frustrated:

90's worst comics decade and Bond decade.

Worst scene in the history of James Bond films. :facepalm:

I loved Man of Steel (and I'm a Marvel fan)

It's the first Superman movie that I actually liked watching.

It made Superman dare I say more human & believable.

I thought the Donner movies were pretty boring (flame shield on :fear: )

Really enjoyed it. My favourite super-hero film from last year, well above Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. Watched it once at the cinema, three times so far on Blu-ray.

Didn't see it until blu ray. I was really curious what I'd think after seeing so many unfavorable comments outside spoiler threads. I don't read newer Comic Books, so any changes to the continuity I was last aware of that this movie may have reflected were new to me.

I liked the film the first time i saw it :D

DC Comics themselves rebooted all continuity with the new DC 52 three years ago wiping away years of old school continuity.Future advice for people who go to watch the upcoming DC movies Superman vs. Batman and Justice League is don`t worry about comic book continuity, as DC Comics itself doesn`t. Enjoy these new versions for what they are. A good number of comic book fans tend to always compare the new superhero movies to childhood memories they read as a kid 30 to 50 years ago. :o

This mindset will always have the new superheroes movies losing because nothing can compare to superhero childhood memories when they were young.

This is why Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man will be huge hits, as they won`t have many old school fans complaining how it was better to read Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man back in the day like Spider-Man, Superman Batman,X-Men and Star Wars fans always do.

I can`t wait to read certain message boards when the new Star Wars movies come out.

We will hear how the new Star Wars movies are not up to snuff like their childhood memories of Star Wars was. hm

Advice is think of the superheroes movies going forward as a new alternative universe then a universe that was based on nostalgic child memories of 30 to 50 years ago. :)

Me and the wife watched it last week. We both just looked at each other. Blahh. Maybe I need to watch it again like everyone said, but I'm not a fan of suffering twice.

Me and the wife watched it last week. We both just looked at each other. Blahh. Maybe I need to watch it again like everyone said, but I'm not a fan of suffering twice.

For me, there were some nuances that got missed the first time around that helped the story flow because there was just so much going on.

In the end, what really made the story for me though, was when someone posted that this wasn't about the Superman we all know and love. It was about Clark becoming the Superman we all know and love.

Supes hasn't matured into the boy scout we all know him as. He needed to go to a process to get there, he wasn't a finished product yet. The movie was about that process.

After I went into the movie with that mindset the second time, it all made more sense to me.

And the fight scenes were outrageously awesome.

Roy, do you ever go to a movie just to enjoy it, or do you go to analyze every aspect of it?

I can't help it. I analyze things without even trying. Every time I look at something I'm instinctively trying to figure out how or why it works. Probably why I was a technician and a diagnostician for 22 years. :tonofbricks:

What I enjoy is when something is perfectly assembled. Like a nice motor or a good movie. lol