• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee @ Dallas Comic Con

51 posts in this topic

Hi All!

NYComics is VERY EXCITED to come to Dallas!

We will be working out of booth 1834 (Near Artist Alley and right by the Celebrity Autographs Area where Stan will be signing)

STAN LEE will be signing in the Celebrity Autograph Area (To The Left of the Main Hall) First Row closest to the main Hall.

HOW DO I GET STAN LEE TO SIGN MY BOOKS FOR CGC SS?

Get in Line as fast as possible when you get to the show. He will be signing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. When you are in line you will be asked how many items you want signed and then you will be given the chance to purchase autograph tickets there.

NYComics is the Official Authorized Stan Lee Signature Series Facilitator for this show. We will have a witness next to Stan the whole time and a booth nearby so it will be very easy for you to submit for Signature Series.

You will also have the option to add John Romita Sr. to your books in a private signing we are having immediately after the convention back in New York. This is a rare chance to have both autographs and only grade your book once!

Also FYI we had to cap the line in Chicago so it is really advisable to show up early and get in line.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new boardies who I have not met before. Please introduce yourself!!!!!!

All the best,

Sean

PS Autograph tickets at $60 and for ASM 1 it is $80

It's really hard to say how this convention will work at all. It's got new owners and a new building.

One thing that is for sure, almost anything is going to be better than the old Dallas Comic Con. Hopefully we won't have to stand in a parking garage for 2 and a half hours.

Oh, how nice, another 10,000 miscellaneous items with stan lee's signature on them.

I will be taking a pack of sunflower seeds from the first hulk movie to get Stan's signature and then I will have Ferrigno and eventually I will get Norton to sign. One day this will be my most prized item :whee:

Oh, how nice, another 10,000 miscellaneous items with stan lee's signature on them.

lol. I feel the same way. I don't have any comic with his signature in my collection.

HOWEVER...I have an Amazing Spider-man 61 (CGC 9.8) that I've been trying to get his signature on before it's "too late".

He skipped out on the Minneapolis Wizard Comic Con last week so I missed out again... :pullhair:

Hi All!

NYComics is VERY EXCITED to come to Dallas!

We will be working out of booth 1834 (Near Artist Alley and right by the Celebrity Autographs Area where Stan will be signing)

STAN LEE will be signing in the Celebrity Autograph Area (To The Left of the Main Hall) First Row closest to the main Hall.

HOW DO I GET STAN LEE TO SIGN MY BOOKS FOR CGC SS?

Get in Line as fast as possible when you get to the show. He will be signing Friday, Saturday and Sunday. When you are in line you will be asked how many items you want signed and then you will be given the chance to purchase autograph tickets there.

NYComics is the Official Authorized Stan Lee Signature Series Facilitator for this show. We will have a witness next to Stan the whole time and a booth nearby so it will be very easy for you to submit for Signature Series.

You will also have the option to add John Romita Sr. to your books in a private signing we are having immediately after the convention back in New York. This is a rare chance to have both autographs and only grade your book once!

Also FYI we had to cap the line in Chicago so it is really advisable to show up early and get in line.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of new boardies who I have not met before. Please introduce yourself!!!!!!

All the best,

Sean

PS Autograph tickets at $60 and for ASM 1 it is $80

Does Stan charge for body parts getting signed?

I got Stan Lee's signature on a hard cover copy of the Silver Surfer graphic novel at the Wizard convention in NYC last year. It cost $50.00 and the line moved fairly fast after one of the first people on the line, who had 100 comics to be signed was done.

I was able to talk to him for about 15 seconds, the time it took to have him receive the item to be signed and for him to sign it. I already had a signed sketch done by Joe Sinnot in the Silver Surfer book and he took a few seconds to look at it.

I had wanted to get his signature in the book for many years but this was the first opportunity I had to obtain it.

SilverSurfer_zps346b7259.jpg

lol. I feel the same way. I don't have any comic with his signature in my collection.

HOWEVER...I have an Amazing Spider-man 61 (CGC 9.8) that I've been trying to get his signature on before it's "too late".

He skipped out on the Minneapolis Wizard Comic Con last week so I missed out again... :pullhair:

I'm with this guy. I don't have any books with SL sigs on them, and ya it would be cool to have an asm done. but from what I've heard and read, it's not quite the experience I think it should be. Which, as stated previously is a pot of money to pay for the guy to sign and chuck it back to you in a 20 sec experience.

I don't know what's more sad. That a signature I've looked forward to may not even come close to my expectations, or that I'm still gonna pay a ton of money to get it.

I don't think most autograph prices are worth it at cons - let alone the photo-op prices! I've met Stan twice. Once at a con, which was a special breakfast event with him, and once in his very own office. The experience at the con was actually better, as I was in his office for business matters anyway.

I don't like Fan Expo's new special meet and greet package. The one I went to last year was a "have your own items signed" type of deal, and not the pre-determined kind. I'd wait and travel to a con with a better meet/greet if you can afford it and want a bit more time with the man.

However, you'll still be meeting the man himself for $80, instead of some random b-list celeb.

There's no time to talk to Mr Lee...you would have to shout anyways since he sits back from the line.

I remember around 1991 meeting Stan at a convention in Tacoma, WA. He was like 2 feet across a table from me. I was able to talk to him. I had him sign the "Mr Marvel" card from Marvel Universe series 1 and some holograms. He was excited by the holograms as he had never seen them before. He told me that even though they were of Marvel characters that he doesn't see everything produced. Autographs were free for the first one or two and, if I remember correctly, $8.00 for each one after that.

It's really hard to say how this convention will work at all. It's got new owners and a new building.

One thing that is for sure, almost anything is going to be better than the old Dallas Comic Con. Hopefully we won't have to stand in a parking garage for 2 and a half hours.

Say what you will but the last events seemed more organized and laid out better.

Looking for some advice hear, who thinks having Stan sign a ASM 1 Ross 1:300 is worth it knowing his cost, CGC's, and the amount I paid for the book? I feel the GameStop sketch trumped the 1:300 as well I'm punished with a slight corner tear. Not much of a flipper but do aim for 9.8's only of moderns.

Say what you will but the last events seemed more organized and laid out better.

At Sci-Fi Expo, Fan Days and last years DCC, they had a line for people without tickets and a line for people with tickets. They didn't think about the fact that once they started letting people with tickets in, more of those people would continue to show up in mass for the next two hours.

Should you really have to stand in line for up to 3 hours just because you don't have a ticket already? Every time at one of these conventions, I see so many people give up and leave because they have been in line so long.

They also keep all of the media type celebs in the rooms on the third floor. They are only accessible to people with VIP tickets. This is the only set of cons I've ever been to where they didn't have the celebrities on the main floor with everyone else.

They have one person standing at a door checking wristbands where hundreds of people are walking through every minute. The person is constantly running around almost tackling people to see their wrist bands.

This is not a well organized convention. I'm so glad someone else bought it.