• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Con - May 25th 2014 - One Day show

23 posts in this topic

Just a head up for Vancouver boardies - there will be one day show for comic books (and pulp or magazines) at Heritage Hall building in Vancouver.

Date: May 25th 2014 - Sunday

Address: 3102 Main Street, Vancouver B.C. (Main & 16th Ave)

Time: 11:00 AM to 5 PM

You can donate a new or gently-used school appropriate graphic novel for free admission (it's $4.00 to enter). They are collecting books to donate to local Vancouver schools. Sorry - no manga accepted.

If some of you were there last month at the same location... you'd remember how packed the show was. Start saving your pennies ...nickels for good deals!

See you there! :foryou:

see you guys there. i hope to score some deals there like last time!

Same with me - hoping to find few nice comics to go with me home. See you guys there. Please get your brains displaced with X-Men movie this weekend :grin:

Should I take some photos to post here after the show?

see you guys there. i hope to score some deals there like last time!

Same with me - hoping to find few nice comics to go with me home. See you guys there. Please get your brains displaced with X-Men movie this weekend :grin:

Should I take some photos to post here after the show?

Do that! World need to see our cozy Heritage Hall!

One hour before the show opens... leaving on way by skytrain. It's raining today - no surprise to me :P See you guys there.

:shy:camera's with me

Attendance was somewhat less than last month, what I'm seeing. Must be the rain deterred some people, I guess (which I thought as much).

Here are few photos - one showing our cozy little Heritage Hall outside, and couple ones showing the room.

May25-ComicBookshow002_zps8955b6c7.jpg

Some 1930s-50s pulps in boxes - lots in there.

May25-ComicBookshow003_zps26fd421a.jpg

The room with dealers/buyers abuzz around.

May25-ComicBookshow005_zps97367654.jpg

That's all, folks - next show will be on July 6th. ;)

Had a great time. Scored some fair deals! Hopefully more selections on the next one.

Same with me, I found one Archie book - "Comso The Merry Martian" # 1 in nice grade. And thanks to beamer - I got a nice comic book storage binder. Now I can use it to put my books for the next show.

That was the smallest # of individual vendor/collectors I have seen there in 30 years. I counted 15 including the comicon organizer. Glad he brought in a soloist and guitarist to fill in 20% of the square footage. Nice music, and a surprisingly wide variety of long boxes to dig thru. I bought some SA FF, BA 1974 Marvel, 1977 DC Superstars.

The 120 local and Pacific Northwest independent press artists, inkers, and writers were downtown at a much larger (thumbs u 2 day show on the exact same weekend.

That was the lowest attendance I'd ever seen there, by far.

And yet somehow, I made more than I ever had at previous show.

I have no idea how that works. I guess the people who showed up were all serious spenders.

I also snagged 5 or 6 good deals, and got to see most of my favorite local collectors.

Had a great time. Scored some fair deals! Hopefully more selections on the next one.

Same with me, I found one Archie book - "Comso The Merry Martian" # 1 in nice grade. And thanks to flatliner1313 - I got a nice comic book storage binder. Now I can use it to put my books for the next show.

Not flatline :mad: beamer

Same with me, I found one Archie book - "Comso The Merry Martian" # 1 in nice grade. And thanks to beamer - I got a nice comic book storage binder. Now I can use it to put my books for the next show.

Not flatline :mad: beamer

:eek: Sorry! I got that mixed up :sorry::P

May25-ComicBookshow005_zps97367654.jpg

:o greggy sighting!

What? I made the first sighting not knowing he was in there - how about that? :o Vancouver had a lot of UFO sightings recently lol