• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,542 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2024 at 7:54 AM, Raze said:

EFTA is going to 12 issues. It was in the letters section of book 2 or 3 or maybe previews world. They are also adding in December Shiver Suspenstories and in January Cruel Kingdom.

Also (and this is NOT an attack on you or anyone else in these thread) but I really dont like the "kid-ish or kid look"  feel for the tribute variants. Im not a Skottie Young fan (I know this is not him) and this art looks to much like it. 

These variants dont do justice or pay homage to the original stories or art. There are better artist that could reproduce a great cover that would have a better modern feel. I would throw out Ben Templesmith to do HOF 17, he would be awesome for that cover or any cover by Ingels. And maybe get current cover artist Lee Bermejo to do VOH 30, with his realistic looking art. What about Stephen Bissette (if he is able to) on any of the monster covers? His Swamp Thing was/is the best looking Swamp Thing.

As far as I know, Shiver Suspenstories is a one-shot annual-type book, and Cruel Kingdom is another limited series, replacing Cruel Universe on the schedule.  I really like the idea of an EC- style high fantasy book, we'll see how well they manage to pull it off.

Nothing wrong with not liking the Jay Stephens covers, they seem to be very "you like them or you don't" and I'm actually slightly surprised that we've landed so heavily on the "like" side as a group now that you bring it up.  I personally think the art itself looks nothing like Skottie Young, beyond the basic idea of "kid look", but I can easily see them looking similar if you don't like the concept.

Bissette doing a cover or story would be awesome.  I'm slightly thrown by Adam Hughes doing a horror cover for the Shiver Suspenstories, he seems more suited to the SF side of the house.