• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Millar's 'Kingsman: Secret Service' (in theaters 2/13/15)

155 posts in this topic

The Wrap: "The fifth and, yes, best film from director Matthew Vaughn"

"As for the construction, it’s superb. The action may be ludicrous, but it’s also engaging and delightful; the production design is all tributes and nods to other films and other bits of pop culture, but “Kingsman” also creates a coherent world for itself. The -script’s tone, with a few notable disappointments, is also zesty but rarely sour, knowing yet rarely cynical." - James Rocchi

:whee:

'Kingsman' Director: Audiences Are Tired of Dark, Christopher Nolan-Style Superhero Movies

-----------------

"People want fun and escapism at the moment," he says. "Look at the success of Guardians of the Galaxy. I think Nolan kick-started a very dark, bleak style of superhero escapism, and I think people have had enough of it.”

Vaughn’s latest film, due out in the U.K. on Jan. 29 and in the U.S. on Feb 13. is Kingsman: The Secret Service, which he describes as a “love letter” to the classic British spy films of the 1970s.

-----------------

The Ipcress File on Steroids.

I had to look that up.

Tasked with investigating the kidnappings and brainwashed reappearances of top scientists, including Dr. Radcliffe (Aubrey Richards), the insubordinate British spy Harry Palmer (Michael Caine) navigates his way through criminals, secret agents, and his superiors (Nigel Green, Guy Doleman). While attempting to bring in the suspect Bluejay (Frank Gatliff), Palmer discovers a mysterious audiotape labeled "IPCRESS," an inconspicuous, but ominous, piece of evidence.

Glad you got this forum Bosco - working really well so far.

Kingmen looks OK - better than I thought it would. Still not 100% convinced I'd pay $20 to see it though.