• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Millar's 'Kingsman: Secret Service' (in theaters 2/13/15)

155 posts in this topic

Just go back from watching and me and the Mrs enjoyed it.

I would compare the violence in the film to what you saw you 'John Wick'. There wasn't as many violent scenes as in Wick, but I thought the killing scenes had similar styles.

It wasn't a cinematic masterpiece or anything, but it was a fun flick.

It certainly takes the violence to a whole new level. The carnage was almost video game like...

I thought it was a solid 3 / 5 stars. The movie was very different then the trailers. I was surprised to see Colin Firth be so bad .

BOX OFFICE: KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Exceeds Expectations With $35M+ Weekend

-------------------

Kingsman has still done very well with a $35.6 million haul way above estimates which had it pegged at debuting with $20 million. It's thought that it will hit $41 million by tomorrow, and it has earned $43.8 million overseas for a worldwide total close to $80 million.

-------------------

Did it feel like Colin would continue the franchise, or was it a handoff to his protégé?

Handoff - but you'll have to see the movie to find out why.

It certainly takes the violence to a whole new level. The carnage was almost video game like...

I thought it was a solid 3 / 5 stars. The movie was very different then the trailers. I was surprised to see Colin Firth be so bad .

+1, that's a good description. We all enjoyed it.

Exclusive Interview: The Kingsman Director Matthew Vaughn: 'I’m Trying To Make Entertainment'

--------------------

LATINO REVIEW: Certain scenes like the ballet fight sequence look like they took a lot of intense staging and choreography. Those moments recall films from the 70s and 80s. It’s clear that you’re a filmmaker that just wants people to have fun and escape.

MATTHEW VAUGHN: I’m glad people are noticing that because it was difficult and took a lot of thought, planning and sweat. But it paid off and people like it.

Its an artform. You go out there, you push boundaries and have fun with it. I think because I was molded on Spielberg, The Scott Brothers, Lucas and De Palma. They made these big movies, which were very commercial but well made, proper films. That’s what I want to make. I only want to make films that I want to see.

I’d watch [The Kingsman] and say, ‘I’ve had a good two hours’ and I don’t say that often. I loved Guardians of the Galaxy.

--------------------

It's interesting when directors feed off of each other's creations.

Just got back from seeing this. I was extremely f'n entertained. I haven't read the series, so I went into it without any expectations. I was laughing more than a lot of others in the theatre, so I guess the violence fit my sense of humor.

Would def recommend.

^This, and... The crowd I saw this with today at the "early bird matinee", was

what I would call a 'mix crowd', beigning that I would not have thought that

this movie would have wide 'crosover' appeal. I got my seat early(as I have

a prefered seating spot), and watched the theater fill to 2/3 of its capacity.

There is a line delivered at a point in the film that was so stunning(trying hard

here not to go to spoilers), that I laughed stuned out loud, as did others.

Then to my utter amazement, there was an outburst of roebust applause.

If you think you might want to see this movie based only on the previews,

go see it, it is FAR BETTER than the brief two minutes you get, and full of

more wit, satire, and action than I can describe.

If it's the quote that I'm thinking of, it felt out of context with the rest of the film. That said, there was much laughter...

This definitely needs to be in spoilers for anyone that has not seen the film yet.

Colin Firth Could Return For The KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Sequel

--------------------

So, after an insane action sequence inside a church sees Colin Firth's Harry Hart dispatch pretty much an entire congregation of religious fanatics (in the most violent ways possible), the disorientated Kingsman agent wanders outside only to be shot in the head by Samuel L. Jackson's hemophobic villain, Valentine. It's a shocker no doubt, but is Hart really dead?

During an interview with USA Today director Matthew Vaughn hints that Firth, at least, might be returning for the planned sequel. “A lot of people are very upset that Colin might not be in the sequel but I’m coming up with ideas at the moment," he revealed. "If people buy tickets in America, I’ve got a feeling we’ll figure out a way for having Colin back.”

--------------------

Here's my recent review of Kingsman: The Secret Service. Once you get to the end of this review, you can click to see what Carmella does. Feel free to subscribe and make comments. Thank you everyone!

>

If it's the quote that I'm thinking of, it felt out of context with the rest of the film. That said, there was much laughter...

WARNING THERE IS A SPOILER CONTAINED WITHIN!!!

It is the line delivered as he is atempting to leave the "church."

BOX OFFICE: KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Passes $150 Million Worldwide

---------------------

Despite the fact that it's remained at #2 this week, Matthew Vaughn's movie still performed well, taking $17.5 million for a domestic total of $67.1 million. Add in another $33 million overseas from 54 markets for a foreign total of $86.6 million, and it currently has a worldwide cume of $153.7 million.

In South Korea, Kingsman has taken $8.9 million to become the highest grossing R-rated foreign title to open there, while also beating every James Bond released in the country in just a fortnight!

---------------------