• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Millar's 'Kingsman: Secret Service' (in theaters 2/13/15)

155 posts in this topic

I know super late, but just seen the movie and it was awesome!!
Doesn't it get released to DVD/Blu Ray next week?

I watched it on iTunes about two weeks back.

Yeah, I've been watching movies like American Sniper, Trainspotting, Million Dollar Baby, Trade, American Hustle lately, I actually don't see myself watching this type of movie,

I don't see why they used rookies for the most important mission ever also how does someone learn CGI level Kung Fu in a couple months??? (without a single lesson as far as I could see)
...for a few months anyway. It's a delicate art balancing funnybook movies with serious dramas and I kinda screwed up, binge-watching the Oscar caliber ones.

I already saw Ender's Game and WANTED so why watch Kingsman???

I liked it a lot! So did the wife.

I never would have watched it, until my nephew recommended it. The lack of promotion around the movie did it a disservice, IMO. Or maybe the British accents and unknown character turned me away, but I'm glad I was able to get a copy at the local library.

Loved this film. Everything worked. It's no more or less believable than any other spy film, but it's style is what put it a cut above.

I've watched it at least 8 times now and it doesn't get old.

I'd watch several sequels in this franchise if they maintain this direction.

:bump:

‘Kingsman 2′ Set for Summer 2017

http://www.slashfilm.com/kingsman-2-release-date/

:applause:

This guy is going to get more popular over time.

The film made Egerton a hot commodity overnight, which almost because a problem when his newly booked lead role in Lionsgate’s Robin Hood: Origins conflicted with his obligation to return for Kingsman 2. But Lionsgate and Fox have worked it out so Egerton will shoot Kingsman 2 in spring 2016, and then jump into Robin Hood: Origins later in the summer.

I thought the movie was pretty entertaining, but the scene with the princess near the end was a bit unnecessary, I thought....pretty crude, and I'm the crudest guy I know!

That is the one scene I just didn't care for. It detracted from the movie.

I had wondered if he was going to turn into a villain due to failing out.

Edward Holcroft Returning For Matthew Vaughn’s Kingsman Sequel

Deadline reports Edward Holcroft (Wolf Hall, London Spy) is returning for Matthew Vaughn’s Kingsman 2.

In 2015's Kingsman: The Secret Service, Holcroft played Charlie Hesketh, the candidate Arthur (Michael Caine), aka Chester King, selected for the vacant Kingsman position. His snobbish and arrogant attitude made him an antagonist for Gary "Eggsy" Unwin (Taron Egerton) and Roxanne "Roxy" Morton (Sophie Cookson). He was eliminated from contention, when he divulged details about the secret intelligence agency during a test.