• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay help opinions appreciated

25 posts in this topic

Hi there everyone, not sure what I am going to do here, but I wanted the boards opinions on this and what other members would do, maybe the buyer is here on the forums, approx 1 year ago I bought an asm 300 off ebay in an auction, a "nm/mt" copy(okay mistake 1 but whatever), for 150, when I got the book it looked very nice but not nm/mt, maybe 9.0 to 9.2, I had joey press it and submit it for a 9.8 pre screen which it did not hit, I got the book back and decided it wasn't worth the money to slab, I sold it on ebay for 140 as a 9.0, the buyer was very happy as the book IMO was at least a 9.2(based on my ebay feedback), anyway, I just got a message from the buyer stating that he sent it in to cgc and found out the book had been trimmed, I just got the message right now, obviously I feel bad for the guy,I recently bought a raw ff 48 that came back qualified as I missed a coupon being cut out so I understand how he feels, do you as sellers refund the money? Do you return some of the money? How do I know it was my book he sent in(obviously I don't) or that he's telling the truth? Opinions on what other members have done or do in this or similar instances is appreciated, I didn't ask for a refund on the qualified book as I just assumed that was my own fault for missing that although I think trimming is much harder to detect

You assume it.

A close comparison with the listing pics might help-distances of images to edge etc.

I feel like I need to do that also, how do u know it was my book and he's telling the truth or do you just assume he is and that is the cost of business?

You can probably tell by his feedback if he is on the up and up. Usually that is ;)

You should get the book back and just do the refund. Hopefully you will gain a lifelong customer.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Of course if you get the book back and it doesn't match up to the pic on your listing that's another story.

I feel like I need to do that also, how do u know it was my book and he's telling the truth or do you just assume he is and that is the cost of business?

This is why I have now decided to take good pictures before shipping books out that would be able to help me distinguish that it was my book. But honestly, I feel like it's just the cost of business.

Have u guys done that yourselves?

I always offer full refunds for whatever reason and pay return shipping.

Cost of doing business on ebay.

I know you would, I bought my sandman 8 from you, thx!

Of course if you get the book back and it doesn't match up to the pic on your listing that's another story.

Very rare, but i wont say it cant happen. Chances are good it will be the exact same book you sold him.

Yep

I know you would, I bought my sandman 8 from you, thx!

Ahh, if it was the editorial variant, i remember that one well. you were very upset. Hope you got over that. If not the editorial, hope you liked it?

I sold it on ebay for 140 as a 9.0, the buyer was very happy as the book IMO was at least a 9.2(based on my ebay feedback), anyway, I just got a message from the buyer stating that he sent it in to cgc and found out the book had been trimmed .......... do you as sellers refund the money? Do you return some of the money? How do I know it was my book he sent in(obviously I don't) or that he's telling the truth?

What is your return policy? 14 days or what? How long has it been since the buyer received the item? In your eBay listing did you guarantee the grade? Did you provide ample photos?

Editorial variant, I was not very upset, I was happy I got the book in one piece, just worried it stayed at the post office so long

Re my policy 14 days for all books, the book had scans placed, I'm going to ask the buyer for pictures and hopefully refund 1/2 to most of his money and let him keep the book I think right now

Editorial variant, I was not very upset, I was happy I got the book in one piece, just worried it stayed at the post office so long

Re my policy 14 days for all books, the book had scans placed, I'm going to ask the buyer for pictures and hopefully refund 1/2 to most of his money and let him keep the book I think right now

Just read the message again, you seemed pretty mad at me. Glad you got the book though.

I remember he did say may you daily step on your own testicle.