• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales / Strange Anomaly?

24 posts in this topic

I would find it difficult to believe people are buying speculation books based on the race of character. And just because they are a certain race in the comic doesn't mean it will be that way in a movie if the character even appears.

A swedish Brother Voodoo would be even more unlikely than most of the absurdities Marvel made in the last ten years, but Marvel knows no boundaries. :eyeroll:

It's not just Marvel. I grew up with a white, red-headed Annie comic strip. To be honest, changing the race of character for a movie does not bother me. They change origins, costumes, personailites, storylines, etc. - more wailing against these changes by many.

I would find it difficult to believe people are buying speculation books based on the race of character. And just because they are a certain race in the comic doesn't mean it will be that way in a movie if the character even appears.

A swedish Brother Voodoo would be even more unlikely than most of the absurdities Marvel made in the last ten years, but Marvel knows no boundaries. :eyeroll:

It's not just Marvel. I grew up with a white, red-headed Annie comic strip. To be honest, changing the race of character for a movie does not bother me. They change origins, costumes, personailites, storylines, etc. - more wailing against these changes by many.

This opens a larger discussion – let’s just say they are not remote legends which one could take as a mere source of inspiration. They are refined, XX century characters, and as in novels they should be respected for what they represent, not arbitrarily changed without a good reason to do so.

If they make Adam Warlock black in the next GOTG movie mine would not be the only head exploding

This opens a larger discussion – let’s just say they are not remote legends which one could take as a mere source of inspiration. They are refined, XX century characters, and as in novels they should be respected for what they represent, not arbitrarily changed without a good reason to do so.

My opinion, Claudio, is they wouldn't make a changes without good reason. They want to make money and reach the broadest audience possible. If they think a change would make them prosper and outweigh/be accepted over the traditional history, it could happen. Emphasize "they think". Regardless they are out to make money.

Of course, my thoughhts could have no merit whatsoever which is most likely the case. :foryou: