• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 61 - Season 5

24 posts in this topic

This broke a while ago, but I never put in my 2c, so here it goes... Talk about typecasting. He's always played the incompetent guy who means well at first and then does stuff you hate him for or grow tired of as the story progresses.

I don't know if it's the characters he plays or the way he plays them. I hated his character in Oz, hated him on The Wire and I'm sure he'll be perfect as the bumbling insufficiently_thoughtful_person Gabriel, who is a complete throwaway WD character.

Is there a connection between The Walking Dead and HBO? It seems like a lot of people go from HBO shows to TWD…

I've wondered that. It's similar to an NFL coaching tree.

A lot of the Oz actors went on to The Wire or Law and Order SVU. At least three actors from The Wire have now made their way to The Walking Dead.

IMDB shows the same casting director for Oz, The Wire, and True Detective which makes sense. I'm still looking for TWD connection.

Is Oz good? It is on Amazon Prime so I might have to check it out. I was watching the 4th season of The Wire last night. It might be my favorite season of television period.

IMDB shows the same casting director for Oz, The Wire, and True Detective which makes sense. I'm still looking for TWD connection.

Is Oz good? It is on Amazon Prime so I might have to check it out. I was watching the 4th season of The Wire last night. It might be my favorite season of television period.

I finally watched it for the first time last year. While not groundbreaking compared to current standards (True Detective, Breaking Bad), it still holds up, and I can only imagine what people thought of it back in 1997 when it premiered.

I finally watched it for the first time last year. While not groundbreaking compared to current standards (True Detective, Breaking Bad), it still holds up, and I can only imagine what people thought of it back in 1997 when it premiered.

And it has some unique directing for its time as far as the camera focused dialogue.

The Wire is amazing.

So is True Detective.

I've stalled on Season 2 of Oz several times, however.

Also, I loved Seasons 1 and 3 of WD, but hated 2 and 4.

I haven't even made it through 4 yet.

Some of my other favorites are Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, and Game of Thrones.

The Wire is amazing.

So is True Detective.

I've stalled on Season 2 of Oz several times, however.

Also, I loved Seasons 1 and 3 of WD, but hated 2 and 4.

I haven't even made it through 4 yet.

Some of my other favorites are Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, and Game of Thrones.

We like the same stuff. I also loved the Tudors, True Detective, and Rome but Deadwood was my favorite TV show ever. A lot of great stuff on the other pay channels too. I enjoyed Spartacus in all of it's over the top glory. Strike Back on Max and BBC is fun too. Black Sails is a cool story. Oh yeah, The Wlaking Dead ain't shabby either lol

They kept stating after season 3 there was suppose to be 2 movies to follow to wrap up any loose story lines. After so many years I figured it would never happen, probably have better luck with Kevin Smith finishing up "Target" before a Deadwood film.

Deadwood was supposed to have one more season, but it got cancelled due to the money spent on Rome.

Rome was good, but I wanted that fourth Deadwood season so bad...

Fans of Deadwood should check out Justified.

Same guy who played Bullock, but as a modern day US Marshall in Kentucky.

Yep, one of my closest friends is from there. Hes a former Airborne Ranger and you couldn't find a better representation for a redneck. His picture should sit next to the definition in the dictionary. lol

Kentucky is a beautiful place though and I love the people there.