• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who hates Doiby Dickles

36 posts in this topic

Do Green Lantern fans have as much disdain fro Doiby Dickles as Batman fans do for Robin? Sure there are some great GL and AA covers with Doiby on them ( AA #61), but for the most part the early covers without him look way cooler to me, as do the ones from the late 40s after he disappeared. Feel free to post your non-Doiby covers to validate my contention, as I own none myself.

It's also been a few years since we've seen "hate on the sidekicks" thread in GA, so feel free to bash away on other second bananas.

I kind of like Woozy - Plas was a comical strip already, so Woozy fit right in. I'll also admit to a fondness for the GA Chop-Chop, the guy was insane! Cole solo strips probably helped there as well.

Least favorite - Percival Popp, who was bad enough as" comic relief", but ended up pretty much taking over the Spectre's strip. :sick:

i'd argue that the monkey in boy comics tops them all.

Them's fightin' words, mister.

Squeeks isn't nearly as annoying as Doiby Dickles or Woozy Winks or Percival Popp or any of those chumps, if only for the simple reason that he doesn't have any dialogue other than making a squeeking noise. He's also at least as useful as Robin.

This is annoying:

DoibyDickles.jpg

This, on the other hand, is a monkey shooting a gun:

squeeks-1-1.jpg

I rest my case.

:sumo:

i'd argue that the monkey in boy comics tops them all.

Them's fightin' words, mister.

Squeeks isn't nearly as annoying as Doiby Dickles or Woozy Winks or Percival Popp or any of those chumps, if only for the simple reason that he doesn't have any dialogue other than making a squeeking noise. He's also at least as useful as Robin.

This is annoying:

DoibyDickles.jpg

This, on the other hand, is a monkey shooting a gun:

squeeks-1-1.jpg

I rest my case.

:sumo:

Powerful evidence sir!