• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grouchy Comic Dealers...

What are your honest thoughts on flipping?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. What are your honest thoughts on flipping?

47 posts in this topic

I do not waste my time looking into other people’s pockets - what they profit or lose on a book is none of my business.

Resentment and justifiable anger are dubious luxuries that I cannot afford.

No one has ever held a gun to my head at either end of a deal.

The choice to purchase or sell a book has been and always will be mine.

Well said :golfclap:

Since I basically only sell to dealers anymore, if they don't make money, neither do I. As someone said earlier, I hope that they are flipping and coming back. Dealers have a totally different customer base to draw from often, and those people are the reason they can afford to pay for books they need.

I don't mind a person making money off me.

I have no problem selling books to upgraders.

I have no problem selling books to dealers.

I mind that a person lies for a better discount by telling me it is for their collection and they flip the book.

The reason they want the book is of no concern to me. In fact, I prefer they do not attempt to explain why they want it. If they accept the price I give them, then all is good in the world.

If I buy stuff cheap I sell it at FMV, and discount heavily to my regulars and other dealers. There's a REASON why I have regulars. The grumpy mook doesn't have a clue.

I mind that a person lies for a better discount by telling me it is for their collection and they flip the book.

I think this happens a lot.

I think this happens a lot.

I got burned by a "collector" at an auction on a run of late bronze/copper Spideys. ASM isn't in my focus, so I priced it very conservatively, and didn't fight for it. Knowing what I know now, I would've bid him up until his nose was bleeding...