• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody Watching Wolverine Host The Tony's Tonight?

28 posts in this topic

This board really needs a live theater sub-forum.
(thumbs u

That would be wicked!

Would that be wicked or....Wicked? ;o) Speaking of, since you are an Idina fan, what are your favorite roles of hers?

We say "wicked" so much in New Hampshire, I forgot about that role of hers. lol

I loved her in Rent, Barefoot at the Symphony and obviously... her work in Frozen. Never caught her work in Wicked, I wish I had. I bought the seasons of her appearances on Glee on the cheap, but I don't think that show is for me as I can't really get into it. I'll pick up the cd to her new show sometime soon (and Wicked). Hopefully, I can see it instead this Fall. I've really gotten into stuff lately and she's wicked funny on Facebook.

I've never heard Barefoot at the Symphony. Wicked opened in San Francisco when I lived there, prior to opening on Broadway. I thought it wouldn't be very good because it was so over-hyped, and Kristin Chenoweth was the only person I really liked in it. Now I really like it, and Menzel and a few of the other original cast members, and I'm so miffed b/c it was one of those once-in-a-lifetime-opportunities I'll never have again. doh! Did you see her in Enchanted (non-singing)? It was probably my favorite Disney musical since Little Mermaid when it came out (now Frozen ranks up there too).

This board really needs a live theater sub-forum.
(thumbs u

That would be wicked!

Would that be wicked or....Wicked? ;o) Speaking of, since you are an Idina fan, what are your favorite roles of hers?

We say "wicked" so much in New Hampshire, I forgot about that role of hers. lol

I loved her in Rent, Barefoot at the Symphony and obviously... her work in Frozen. Never caught her work in Wicked, I wish I had. I bought the seasons of her appearances on Glee on the cheap, but I don't think that show is for me as I can't really get into it. I'll pick up the cd to her new show sometime soon (and Wicked). Hopefully, I can see it instead this Fall. I've really gotten into stuff lately and she's wicked funny on Facebook.

I've never heard Barefoot at the Symphony. Wicked opened in San Francisco when I lived there, prior to opening on Broadway. I thought it wouldn't be very good because it was so over-hyped, and Kristin Chenoweth was the only person I really liked in it. Now I really like it, and Menzel and a few of the other original cast members, and I'm so miffed b/c it was one of those once-in-a-lifetime-opportunities I'll never have again. doh! Did you see her in Enchanted (non-singing)? It was probably my favorite Disney musical since Little Mermaid when it came out (now Frozen ranks up there too).

She's so great in her LIVE Barefoot in the Symphony cd, basically a neat collection of her songs. Her intros to her songs had me cracking up too (like her feeling age disappointment of having a 25 year old actress play her daughter on Glee or how Beyonce was a :censored: for not letting her sing the song she wanted at the Kennedy Award honors). I'm gonna get Enchanted this weekend. It's been on sale at Walmart. You had me wondering what else she's been in, so I looked her up on imdb last night. :)

We can have lengthy discussions of Spiderman and Sailor Moon live-action musicals. :juggle: I'd see a Sailor Moon live action, but has anyone who does comic books actually seen the Spiderman musical?
Bosco we need a chart to see which lost more money Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark or Amazing Spider-Man 2? lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Turn_Off_the_Dark

We can have lengthy discussions of Spiderman and Sailor Moon live-action musicals. :juggle: I'd see a Sailor Moon live action, but has anyone who does comic books actually seen the Spiderman musical?
Bosco we need a chart to see which lost more money Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark or Amazing Spider-Man 2? lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Turn_Off_the_Dark

Ouch. They both looked awful. I was following theater more when Turn Off the Dark opened, and it was embarrassingly fraught with problems and accidents. How are you that continuously irresponsible after the first accident? And then the second? And so on. The amount of money that they get fined for their negligence is ridiculously small.

She's so great in her LIVE Barefoot in the Symphony cd, basically a neat collection of her songs. Her intros to her songs had me cracking up too (like her feeling age disappointment of having a 25 year old actress play her daughter on Glee or how Beyonce was a :censored: for not letting her sing the song she wanted at the Kennedy Award honors). I'm gonna get Enchanted this weekend. It's been on sale at Walmart. You had me wondering what else she's been in, so I looked her up on imdb last night. :)

Cyclops is also in Enchanted. He and Idina originally sang a duet, but it was cut from the final version, so she doesn't sing at all. But it's a super cute movie and has lots of Disney references (the lawyer's secretary voiced Ariel and tons others). Amy Adams is...ENCHANTING. ;oD Well, *you* made me Wikipedia Menzel so I could find her new project, and I learned that she and Taye Diggs are getting a divorce. Ruined my night. I'm gonna need my pint of Ben & Jerry. Barefoot at the Symphony looks good, as albums often are when the performer really enjoys the material. I didn't know she and Beyonce had beef. Shouldn't she be telling Beyonce what to sing?

I learned that she and Taye Diggs are getting a divorce. Ruined my night. I'm gonna need my pint of Ben & Jerry. Barefoot at the Symphony looks good, as albums often are when the performer really enjoys the material. I didn't know she and Beyonce had beef. Shouldn't she be telling Beyonce what to sing?

It's really good. Taye Diggs was funny in it too. The "rivalry" felt more in jest than anything. No one seems to hate her. :)