• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

points vs 100% completion

10 posts in this topic

Hello, backs collecting comics after a 30 year hiatus and its so much fun!

I had been collecting graded sport and non sport cards and completed some nice sets, a couple of them are even in the top ten !

Wow I can't believe how much the comics I bought in the 70's have increased in value and thankfully I stored them correctly for 40 years and the first batch I sent in all came back with decent grades and white pages!

One thing I have noticed is that other than the very popular issues I don't see too many older sets 100% complete, sure its nice to have a high grade example of a particular series but with cards its the complete set that is the goal regardless of grade, I have taken into consideration the higher cost of grading comics vs cards

(roughly $25 to $8)

I see many sets even with 5% completion being the tops, and getting a ribbon to boot

Just sayin ... having a complete graded set is the goal! finding those last few issues!! buying raw and submitting them,

give me a complete run of 75 issued worth 3000 points over a couple high grade examples worth 4000 points anyday!!!! just sayin

There aren't many complete sets because being a completest in this hobby can be very frustrating and expensive. It also takes patience that a lot of people don't seem to possess.

The patience is worth the payoff. I am determined to finish my Showcase run before starting my next run. I want the highest graded complete set in the registry. Even at nearly 60% complete I have all but one issue scanned in, which is the most of any registry set so far. I think that the scans are just as important when sharing my collection with both new and old collectors.

There aren't many complete sets because being a completest in this hobby can be very frustrating and expensive. It also takes patience that a lot of people don't seem to possess.

Very true. Depending on the age of the title and the grades you are looking for, completing some GA titles is nearly impossible. Nearly...not completely.

that is a sweet showcase collection , wow I would be tempted to buy a #1 at even a 2.5 just to fill the slot if offered and the same for most other missing slots and then upgrade if and when available

good idea to scan your comics too but of course you have to be computer savvy to do that and unfortunately at 53 years old I am not , its all I can do and sometimes very frustrating just trying to do simple things on a computer for me and my generation as a whole

that is a sweet showcase collection , wow I would be tempted to buy a #1 at even a 2.5 just to fill the slot if offered and the same for most other missing slots and then upgrade if and when available

good idea to scan your comics too but of course you have to be computer savvy to do that and unfortunately at 53 years old I am not , its all I can do and sometimes very frustrating just trying to do simple things on a computer for me and my generation as a whole

Thank you for the compliment on my set so far. The patience part is tough when only going after 5.0+ books, but I have a great routine to start every day while drinking my coffee and hunting comics to fill the empty slots with the multiple auction sites and private sales on the boards.

Very true. Depending on the age of the title and the grades you are looking for, completing some GA titles is nearly impossible. Nearly...not completely.

This.