• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Korgi, Star Wars + more!!

53 posts in this topic

Hello!

Thanks for stopping by. This is going to be a large thread filled with my own original artwork and the books and prints they were published in. Many of these pieces are from my personal archives and being made available for the first time.

For more information on me and my work, here is a link to my online portfolio:

http://www.christianslade.com

If you see anything you like here, do not hesitate to drop me a message through PM.

-First :takeit: posted wins either in the thread or through time stamp in PM.

-Paypal is fine

-prices include shipping.

Thanks,

-Christian Slade

UPDATE:

Thread bump for the holidays!

:news: 30% OFF :news:

:news: If you buy more than one, 50% off!! :):news:

First up is a larger piece that was created for this years Illinois Library Association summer campaign titled Paws For Reading. This poster artwork was used for the teen reading group and retitled Claws For Reading. These posters and other art created for this series has just recently began turning up in promotional material.

As an illustrator, sometimes you are given free rein to create whatever comes to mind. This was one such project and an absolute joy to make. It was a perfect assignment in every way.

Aside from the first scanned image here, I also included a few photos taken from my archive room so you can get a sense of detail and the texture of the original art.

"Claws For Reading!"

16 inches x 24 inches

watercolor, ink and colored pencil

SOLD

Claws-For-Reading.gif

These next three are high quality art prints also called giclees.

It has been a lifelong dream to create something in the world of Star Wars and these are my first three pieces which were recently released through Acme Archives and Lucasfilm.

The limited print edition of these is only 50 each.

These are Artists Proofs though and only 5 of each were made!

These look as good as the original art and are printed on canvas and coated with a beautiful glossy varnish. A few weeks ago I did a signing for these at Walt Disney Worlds Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekends.

Since it is difficult to tell from a flat scan, here are a few close up photos so you can see the texture and quality of the actual print.

detail2.gif

detail3.gif

detail1.gif

Next up is a Topps sketch card lot. These were released late last year as part of the Star Wars - Illustrated line. The focus was only on A New Hope and the radio drama.

These cards are double wide, twice the size of a normal trading card and can be displayed flat or folded like a little greeting card.

I would prefer to sell them as a lot but if one speaks to you more than the others, let me know and maybe we can break up the set.

SOLD

SW-Illustrated2.gif

SW-Illustrated1.gif

Next up are various pages from my all ages graphic novel series Korgi published by Top Shelf Productions. The story is silent and told only through pictures. There are three books that have been released in the series so far and I am currently working on the next 3 which will conclude the story.

All purchases will receive a complimentary signed copy (and a sketch too :) ) of the book the original art appeared in.

The first three books:

Korgi1.jpg

Korgi2.jpg

Korgi3.jpg