• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most modern books - Needs your advice to buy them OR NOT!

62 posts in this topic

My view. Nothing from the last 15 years will go up in value with the exception of the outliers like Walking Dead 1. Buy modern books to read; not to invest in.

Everyone wants to make an exception for the Walking Dead...

zzz

I wasn't saying that the Walking Dead will go up in value. Just saying that there could end up being a handful of #1 issues that end up as a huge franchise and result in being worth money. But for the most part, anything from the time period where people were actively collecting as an investment (1990s to the present) was produced in such high numbers and kept in high grade to the point that very little of it will hold its cover price let alone increase substantially. That's my take.

Walking Dead #1 is different then those 1990s comic books because it only had a print run of about 7000. Some of those 90s comics had print runs in the millions. Big difference.

My view. Nothing from the last 15 years will go up in value with the exception of the outliers like Walking Dead 1. Buy modern books to read; not to invest in.

Everyone wants to make an exception for the Walking Dead...

zzz

I wasn't saying that the Walking Dead will go up in value. Just saying that there could end up being a handful of #1 issues that end up as a huge franchise and result in being worth money. But for the most part, anything from the time period where people were actively collecting as an investment (1990s to the present) was produced in such high numbers and kept in high grade to the point that very little of it will hold its cover price let alone increase substantially. That's my take.

Walking Dead #1 is different then those 1990s comic books because it only had a print run of about 7000. Some of those 90s comics had print runs in the millions. Big difference.

wasn't it 17,000? we're still talking about a small number relative to demand, provided the demand remains...