• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warm Up Grading Competition - Round 3

41 posts in this topic

PT who has a life and wasn't available over the weekend didn't dig himself out of his hole much with a wash round, but newcomer paul747 managed to dig himself out of his four point deficit with 6 points this round.

Aww man, that's awful. Will try harder next round. Had them the wrong way round.

Would it be worth asking the guys towards the top of the tables to add a few comments each round on the why they would achieve said grades? Help the noobs? i.e. me.... (shrug)

Just remember that this is all meant for the fun and the learning experience. I pride myself for being an accurate grader yet I'm near the bottom of the list. I chalk it up to "too much experience"!coffeescreen.gif

But seriously there are numerous things to take into account when grading a book and grading from a scan is only half of it. You really have to have a book in your hands to know what you are talking about.

We can all get pretty close to the CGC grade from a scan but many times we are fooled into a false sense of security because there may be something that just doesn't show up in a scan that does when the book is in hand.

Keep up the good work! You'll catch on! But never give up!!

Cheers!

Tim

Cheers for the words of advice guys, much appreciated :applause: