• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana Comic Con - March 13-15, 2015! Carrie Fisher, O'Neil, Zeck & Steranko!

175 posts in this topic

1 more day and I'm heading over - can't wait!

I'll be getting into town at around 8:00 tonight so anyone who wants to meet up for a late dinner let me know.

Yesterday was the single best day of all our shows. Enormous crowds filled an enormous space.

Indiana Comic Con marks the start of our 5th year & is our 15th show.

Yesterday was the single best day of all our shows. Enormous crowds filled an enormous space.

:applause: I'd love to make it to one of your events someday.

Man I'm grateful to have a good show in indy now. So much more space than last year. Nice fast lines and wide isles. Loved it. Tons more vendors than last year too. I hope everyone made some money and comes back next year.

I went for the day yesterday and it definetely was a very well attended but I thought the buyers were not prevalent. There seemed to be s ton of kids and families looking to grab a couple $1 books but I can't think of more then a few people looking at wall books even though the prices seemed ok. I did get a kick out of a couple high school kids asking to take a picture of a NM 98. Reminded me of how I use to feel when I saw my first X-Men 1.

Awesome show! There were plenty of comics all over the place.

I somehow blew through my budget with ease thanks to the acquisition of a Byrne Darkseid splash page, a stack of stuff from Adam Polina, and a bunch of comics. I also got a pretty sweet commission from Budd Root (cavewoman) which is good since I've only gotten about 30 from him over the years lol . (don't want to ever run out)

There was a ton of people there, and thanks to the GIGANTIC venue it never felt overwhelmingly crowded.

Got to chat with Jason (youmechoose), Dale, October, Coach, JonJesper, John (whose board name escapes me at the moment), Budd, Andy, Adam Polina, and several hot cosplay chicks for a while. Good times. Adam Polina was an extraordinarily nice guy, and one of my favorites that I hadn't met until this show. Mark Waid was cool. Mike Zeck and Art Thibert are always awesome. I got asked several times if I was Budd Root when he was off wandering around while I was watching his table for him. My answers varied depending on who was asking. I can't pass for Andy Smith. He's too dashing.

So, if you like an awesome show with a million things to do, I highly recommend this show.

OH YEAH, (lest I forget) Those guys Stephen, and Bill? They're ok too. A little "handsy" for my tastes, but not bad dudes at all. :insane:

I somehow blew through my budget with ease thanks to the acquisition of a Byrne Darkseid splash page, a stack of stuff from Adam Polina, and a bunch of comics. I also got a pretty sweet commission from Budd Root (cavewoman) which is good since I've only gotten about 30 from him over the years lol . (don't want to ever run out)

There was a ton of people there, and thanks to the GIGANTIC venue it never felt overwhelmingly crowded.

Got to chat with Jason (youmechoose), Dale, October, Coach, JonJesper, John (whose board name escapes me at the moment), Budd, Andy, Adam Polina, and several hot cosplay chicks for a while. Good times. Adam Polina was an extraordinarily nice guy, and one of my favorites that I hadn't met until this show. Mark Waid was cool. Mike Zeck and Art Thibert are always awesome. I got asked several times if I was Budd Root when he was off wandering around while I was watching his table for him. My answers varied depending on who was asking. I can't pass for Andy Smith. He's too dashing.

So, if you like an awesome show with a million things to do, I highly recommend this show.

OH YEAH, (lest I forget) Those guys Stephen, and Bill? They're ok too. A little "handsy" for my tastes, but not bad dudes at all. :insane:

Hey man. Didn't know that was you showing us your Darkseid page. I was the tall goofy looking guy wearing a Bob Marley shirt to a comic con. I've purchased so much of your drek over the years its nice to put a face to a name.

Oh yeah! I had no idea. lol Awesome meeting you! It's almost like we have secret identities or something.

Hey man. Didn't know that was you showing us your Darkseid page. I was the tall goofy looking guy wearing a Bob Marley shirt to a comic con. I've purchased so much of your drek over the years its nice to put a face to a name.

I thought who the heck is this guy since you kept saying you paid $15 for your Darkseid art. John Byrne pages for $15 - I wish.

Told my wife and a few others, there were more people there friday than all 3 days combined at ww indianapolis.