• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taking 2nd Place!: Tales of the Zombie...

26 posts in this topic

Dear Bat,

I honestly don't know the etiquette... But with me you have nothing to worry about.

I love the fact you posted the 9.8 as well as that stunning scan of TOTZ #2.

I encourage you to get it graded... It looks to be at least a 9.4.

As for the 9.8... First dibs... that's all I could ask for.

SW3D

(thumbs u

Wow! That is a gorgeous cover!

Bob Larkin is the man!

This is what I love about the magazines... the luxury of seeing all these beautiful works of art... masterpieces!

As much as I love comic book covers... Magazines and Pulps, IMHO... have the edge.

Thanks for sharing and keep sharing!

SW3D

Dear Newshane,

I had no idea you played the drums.

I'm finding out many boardies are also talented musicians.

I just started to learn Classical and Acoustic Guitar, but have always wanted to play drums like Carl Palmer, Bill Bruford, and Neil Peart... some of my drum heroes.

If you have a moment, I encourage you to post a pic of your drum kit here or on your journal.

Keep rocking my brother!

SW3D

I've been drumming for 24 years and it's been a big part of my life. The picture below doesn't show me or my set very clearly, but it captures the energy and volume of our set.

In regards to my live kit, it's nothing special but very pragmatic. The guitarists use an awful lot of equipment, and I got tired of tearing down and transporting a larger, more complicated set...especially when our form of metal (doom) doesn't really call for it.

I play with a late 90s Tama Rockstar Kit. 22 inch kick, 14 and 16 inch toms, and a 14x6.5 Pearl snare with a bronze shell. Remo Ebony on bottoms, Pinstripes on top. Gibraltar stands, Tama Iron Cobra hi-hat and double-kick pedal, Zildjian A and Z custom cymbals (hit-hat, crash, crash/ride, and Wuhan china cymbal).

In the studio, I've used a custom kit with Kimber maple shells...and an Orange County Percussion set.

witchin_zpse139a7cd.jpg

Wow! Radically cool!

Doom Metal... never would have guessed it... but then again with your love of Spawn it makes sense!

Has your band written anything inspired by Spawn or comics?

SW3D