• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody know the story behind the Sandman #1 Signed "For eBay"

41 posts in this topic

If that book was for my private collection and he did that to me i would have sold that book on the spot and been PISSED! So I do not blame them for putting it on ebay. In my opinion he ruined the book. Dude has no class.

Dude! WTF my name is not ebay!

He would sign your name if you gave it to him. For those that did not want it personalized it was made out to ebay.

Which was, is, and always will be, completely inappropriate.

MD had the right to ask for compensation, or to refuse to not personalize if it was made clear that he was only going to personalize - in effect not signing at all. It was inappropriate for him to deface my (and other's) books due to the assumptions that he was making about flipping, and his own highly inflated sense of self-worth.

I have to agree with this. Even if the artist, not just him but any artist, gets pissed off that people are flipping their signed books it's uncalled for to of the fans since they're the ones that allow the artist to keep having that job in the first place. If nobody bought anything the artist did then companies would learn real quick not to use them for anything.

Some artists simply do not appreciate the secondary market. My latest conversation about this I compared myself to a publisher like marvel. I offered to pay the artist for their time with the understanding that I was going to turn around and distribute the books to the secondary market. It's the same as being paid by Marvel for the primary market. (shrug)

Precisely. I sell something, I hope the next guy makes money selling it to the next guy. It shouldn't be their concern once they part with it. What this guy did is pure BS. I have no respect for people who want to interfere in other people's business.