• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

‘Batman: The Complete Television Series’ teaser trailer

46 posts in this topic

Batman:The Complete Television Series sizzle... by BatmanNewsComWarner Bros. released a teaser trailer today for Batman: The Complete Television Series, which will be available this November. For the first time ever all 120 episodes of the 1960′s Batman TV show will be available on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Download. The series has been fully remastered in HD and will come with brand new special features.Warner Bros. also announced a San Diego Comic-Con panel featuring special guests Adam West (Batman), Burt Ward (Robin) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman). The panel will take place on Thursday, July 24 from 6:00-7:00pm in Hall H. The actors behind Batman, Robin and Catwoman will give fans their first inside sneak peak at the most anticipated home entertainment release in fanboy history. All the details will be revealed, including an initial look at exclusive content, limited edition packaging, and dazzling HD remastered footage from the landmark series. :whee:

I hope it includes the never shown on television episode of Batgirl pilot. Batman and Robin help Batgirl battle Killer Moth in that one.

:cloud9:

Wow, I've never seen that before, it was great!

Loved how Barbara Gordon was changing into Batgirl, with a kidnapping going on, but she still took the time to carefully hang up her jacket. Just because there's crime afoot doesn't mean you can be a slob!

"Is that your youthful ward, D ick Grayson?" lol

Every Saturday night it's on MeTV. :applause:

True, but in good ole SD. The story said "The series has been fully remastered in HD and will come with brand new special features" so that should be nice.

Batman: The Complete Television Series Get an Official Release Date

-------------------------

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced that the long awaited “Batman: The Complete Television Series” will debut on digital, DVD, and Blu-ray on November 11, 2014. In addition, they’ve revealed that the fan-=favorite series will be featured on thousands of hotel keys at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, which you can check out below.

-------------------------

:whee:

‘Batman: The Complete Television Series’ is available for pre-order, plus more Comic-Con goodies

We heard it was coming in November, but now we have an exact release date! Batman: The Complete Television Series will be available on November 11th and retail for $269, but you can pre-order it right now at Amazon for just $188. All 120 episodes of the 1960′s Batman TV show will be available on the Blu-ray, which has been fully remastered in HD and comes with brand new special features.

BATMAN_CardKeyRev.jpeg

OOO0000oooooo, that's a little steep to watch Chief O'Hara bumble about. I mean I bought a brand-new repressed complete series of The Greatest American Hero for $5 (in tax-free NH).

I thought the same thing. But since it has been so long since all of these episodes could be viewed back-to-back in any order you like, they must be assuming people will pay a premium. At least, in the initial few years.

I'm sure the folks over at batman1966.com will be buying these up quite rapidly.

I'm kinda surprised there's so much fan-love for this show on a comic book board. This is the show hobbyists have been trying to live down for decades now, with virtually every hobby-news story beginning with "Bam!", "Pow!" :eyeroll:

The show is what it is, but, yeah, it's been largely how the public sees collectors too. Old chum. :facepalm:

I'm kinda surprised there's so much fan-love for this show on a comic book board. This is the show hobbyists have been trying to live down for decades, with virtually every hobby-news story beginning with "Bam!" and "Pow!" :eyeroll:

The show is what it is, but, yeah, it's been largely how the public sees collectors too. Old chum. :facepalm:

Because some of us were so young when we watched the reruns we had no idea that it was meant to be a comedy. When you get old enough to realize it, the first reaction is WTF? But then, as you get still older, you realize that the show is actually pretty funny(at times, hilarious), and at the same time it's more faithful to the Batman comic books than almost any other live action version. It's not the definitive Batman, but it's fun for what it is.

My cringe-response to that clip is involuntary. :eek: Sorry.

Plus I'll never forgive Batman for ruining another favorite childhood show: The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Season 1 was straight up cool, Season 2 slid into cheesey camp slapstick bs, thanks to Batman popularity. :mad:

Reading the Batman wiki , it was supposed to be the other way around.

ABC executive Yale Udoff, a Batman fan in his childhood, attended one of these parties at the Playboy Club and was impressed with the reaction the serials were eliciting. He contacted ABC executives Harve Bennett and Edgar J. Scherick, who were already considering developing a television series based on a comic strip action hero, to suggest a prime time Batman series in the hip and fun style of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

But, then...

ABC and Fox were expecting a hip and fun—yet still serious—adventure show. However, Dozier, who had never before read comic books, concluded, after reading several Batman comics for research...

And the rest is pop culture history.

For a little kid, the show was colorful and it was fun. Adults thought it was funny. So it appealed on different levels. For me, it's nostalgia as much as anything. Without the Batman TV show(and the Spider-Man cartoon), I don't know if I would have ever been interested in comics. I was reading the Neal Adams Batman comics at the same time as I was watching the reruns, and to a seven year old, the difference was noticeable, but only in superficial ways(Joker killed people in the comics, not on the show, and so on).

All I know is that, as long as I have 180 extra bucks the week this is released, I'll be getting it.

My cringe-response to that clip is involuntary. :eek: Sorry.

Plus I'll never forgive Batman for ruining another favorite childhood show: The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Season 1 was straight up cool, Season 2 slid into cheesey camp slapstick bs, thanks to Batman popularity. :mad:

Reading the Batman wiki , it was supposed to be the other way around.

ABC executive Yale Udoff, a Batman fan in his childhood, attended one of these parties at the Playboy Club and was impressed with the reaction the serials were eliciting. He contacted ABC executives Harve Bennett and Edgar J. Scherick, who were already considering developing a television series based on a comic strip action hero, to suggest a prime time Batman series in the hip and fun style of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

But, then...

ABC and Fox were expecting a hip and fun—yet still serious—adventure show. However, Dozier, who had never before read comic books, concluded, after reading several Batman comics for research...

And the rest is pop culture history.

I never knew that before. Thanks for sharing this!