• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Bronze Age Books that SOLD!

25 posts in this topic

Raw Bronze Age books books have matured. They don't "heat up" or "trend" like their CA and MA specu-counterparts. This thread is for the purpose of posting actual sales by the fine members of our BA community, not to hype books for the speculative flippers, but instead to establish true value for raw copies selling in all grades. No CGC or graded sales should be posted here. :cool:

Here's a couple of recent BA sales to start it off:

Black Goliath 5

Kull the Conqueror 2

I don't think you should use BINs - you need to show a series of books with auctions. I like the concept, but there's no way the market for Black Goliath 5 is $24. Great sale for you, but I'd be extremely surprised if another one sells for that.

Black Goliath 5

Kull the Conqueror 2

I don't think you should use BINs - you need to show a series of books with auctions. I like the concept, but there's no way the market for Black Goliath 5 is $24. Great sale for you, but I'd be extremely surprised if another one sells for that.

Actually Dan, they're all auctions. My starting prices are what I feel (at a minimum) the book is worth. The BIN is always 30% higher. I'm in no hurry to sell my books as my daytime job (and family) keep me quite busy. (As I know, the same with you.) :foryou: My goal is to sell a book a day. That way, by the time I'm 275, my collection will be sold off. lol

And btw, a data point is a data point.

Black Goliath 5

Kull the Conqueror 2

I agree you gotta show a pattern.

Black Goliath 5

Kull the Conqueror 2

That's what you and Dan can help do here - post some respectable BA sales. A pattern will develop over time. Go back and read the OP.

Black Goliath 5

Kull the Conqueror 2

A pattern starts with the first post. (thumbs u I like this idea. :cool:

Maybe you wait to make a thread like this until you have some sales "patterns" available. (shrug)

Perhaps you could sell a BA book and post it here? :foryou: I seriously doubt that any of us have enough copies of any one BA issue (sellable, that is) that would satisfy the "pattern" comment.

Maybe you wait to make a thread like this until you have some sales "patterns" available. (shrug)

Perhaps you could sell a BA book and post it here? :foryou: I seriously doubt that any of us have enough copies of any one BA issue (sellable, that is) that would satisfy the "pattern" comment.

That's why you use proven data like sold listings on eBay sorted by recent first. (Like the link I posted that was mysteriously deleted).

You can make a case for any single book because there is almost always going to be someone looking to fill holes on a run.