• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

48 posts in this topic

Nice pick up on that Fox Giant would be an interesting book with the woman outlaws #1 in it hey ? ... whats the story printed in it ???

Thanks, Thor. I'm pretty psyched to have picked up a Fox Giant with two SOTI books in it.

Here's the Women Outlaws #1 stuff in SOTI that got Wertham's panties in a bunch. This picture is in the illustrations section of SOTI...

Women_Outlaws_01_in_SOTI_zps69ebb645.gif

and the caption reads, "Giving children an image of American womanhood."

That image comes from page 8 of the first story in Women Outlaws #1.

Women_Outlaws_01_page_08_zps1d131102.jpg

Plus, this image from page 9 was all over Wertham's files. The image didn't make it into SOTI, but if memory serves I think it may have been in one of the NY State Legislature's reports on comics.

Women_Outlaws_01_page_09_zps581960ad.jpg

Nice pick up on that Fox Giant would be an interesting book with the woman outlaws #1 in it hey ? ... whats the story printed in it ???

Thanks, Thor. I'm pretty psyched to have picked up a Fox Giant with two SOTI books in it.

Here's the Women Outlaws #1 stuff in SOTI that got Wertham's panties in a bunch. This picture is in the illustrations section of SOTI...

Women_Outlaws_01_in_SOTI_zps69ebb645.gif

and the caption reads, "Giving children an image of American womanhood."

That image comes from page 8 of the first story in Women Outlaws #1.

Women_Outlaws_01_page_08_zps1d131102.jpg

Plus, this image from page 9 was all over Wertham's files. The image didn't make it into SOTI, but if memory serves I think it may have been in one of the NY State Legislature's reports on comics.

Women_Outlaws_01_page_09_zps581960ad.jpg

wow wicked book.. and thanks for the reference Stephen !