• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Movies that Suck Thread

169 posts in this topic

You know... Sky High was a pretty sucky movie.

Kurt Russell is a pretty cool dude and Mary Elizabeth Winstead is (imho) one of the hottest actresses on the planet, but the thing was a mess. They make fun of superheroes, than they say you have to take them seriously, then they make fun of the lore again, than the climax flip flops toward serious again despite everyone in infant form. It was like watching how Ellen treats her audience on her show.

If they picked a tone, I probably would have enjoyed it more.

Oh and grade z-funnybook movies Grif the Invincible and Super Capers SuCkEd!

Kurt Russell is a pretty cool dude and Mary Elizabeth Winstead is (imho) one of the hottest actresses on the planet, but the thing was a mess. They make fun of superheroes, than they say you have to take them seriously, then they make fun of the lore again, than the climax flip flops toward serious again despite everyone in infant form. It was like watching how Ellen treats her audience on her show.

:cry:

It even had Bruce Campbell as the coach, AND Lynda Carter.

:cry:

It even had Bruce Campbell as the coach, AND Lynda Carter.

I liked Crow: Salvation (the third one) better than I liked Sky High. lol

I liked Crow: Salvation (the third one)

Faint praise but still praise. Please take this to the obsequious movie threads. Thank you.

Faint praise but still praise. Please take this to the obsequious movie threads. Thank you.

:shrug:

I know I'm from New Hampshire and all, but... :shrug:

I thought I was being ironic?

How about Man-Thing? Not even the gorgeous TV show Kiss of Death actress Rachel Taylor could save that forgettable turkey.

:shrug:

I know I'm from New Hampshire and all, but... :shrug:

I thought I was being ironic?

How about Man-Thing? Not even the gorgeous TV show Kiss of Death actress Rachel Taylor could save that forgettable turkey.

Do the mods allow irony these days? I'm behind the times.