• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How dumb can an ebay scammer be ?

51 posts in this topic

I agree that it is best to advertise that your policy is no partial refunds, full refunds upon receipt of returned book only.

However, I must say that I have asked for a partial 3 times on eBay purchases, and each time it was because the CGC case was severely cracked, but I still preferred to keep the book and get a new slab myself. I took good pictures, and asked the seller what they wanted to do (partial refund or return).

So although I think the default policy should be "no partials" I think it is wise to go case-by-case when a buyer clearly has received a damaged slab and is being reasonable in their requests.

2c

The main thing to remember is if you have a buyer who refuses a FULL REFUND after they have complained about something... then that person is definitely trying to sham you and is obviously a problem.

That type of buyer is bottom of the shoe scum and should be scrapped off accordingly ;)

The main thing to remember is if you have a buyer who refuses a FULL REFUND after they have complained about something... then that person is definitely trying to sham you and is obviously a problem.

That type of buyer is bottom of the shoe scum and should be scrapped off accordingly ;)

+1

"Issues 3-6 are in good condition though, is there a way for me to keep those and just return the damaged issues 1-3 for a partial refund?"

Gee, I wonder what three issues he needed to complete his set?

Sorry, punk...no deal. Return them ALL.

Peace,

Chip

I hope #1-3 haven't been switched :eek: He's willing to go through the motions of shipping 3 books back to you for a partial refund, but unwilling to ship all of them back for a full refund. Makes little to no sense.

The scenario that came to my mind was that he wants #1-6, already has #1-3, but they're "bent in the middle". He keeps the books he needs (#4-6), switches the other three, then screws you into selling (and breaking) a 6 issue run at (I'm assuming) half price.

Wow reading all of these threads on Ebay comic buyer/seller d-baggery makes one not really want to sell or buy through Ebay.

I've bought and sold D&D and miniatures items on Ebay and never had an issue. Are comic related items a bit of a minefield?

More and more, everyday :( But here you'll read SO MANY helpful tips to help protect you. Just sift through all the other sh... er, stuff, and you can become a wiser collector.

WTTB :hi:

And, it sounds like, Welcome To The Hobby :hi:

And my only problem on eBay was winning a mid grade TOS #58 for $30 as the sole bidder (one of those lucky auctions that go unnoticed), but got the dreaded "book was accidentally shipped- we don't have it). I'm not saying it wasn't true- how would I know?- but weeks later when I was going through my past "feedbacks to leave" and came across that transaction, leaving a neutral stating these facts and that I got a refund, they contacted me saying the book was returned to them and that they now have it- wanting to finish the transaction. So I did, and got the book (same one from the original scans).

More and more, everyday :( But here you'll read SO MANY helpful tips to help protect you. Just sift through all the other sh... er, stuff, and you can become a wiser collector.

WTTB :hi:

And, it sounds like, Welcome To The Hobby :hi:

Thanks!

Though I'm actually returning after being out of collecting for 15 years. I'm just new to all the ebay and cgc graded stuff. It has been interesting to see how different collecting is today compared to the 80/90s. Why back in my day we walked to the comic store both ways uphill in the snow with no shoes. :D

:grin: Then a warm Welcome To Today's Comic Book Hobby, to you :hi:

A few years ago I also returned from the 90's crash. I shudder to think how much less money I'd have if I never found this site. And my collection would be a shadow of what it is now.

:grin: Then a warm Welcome To Today's Comic Book Hobby, to you :hi:

A few years ago I also returned from the 90's crash. I shudder to think how much less money I'd have if I never found this site. And my collection would be a shadow of what it is now.

This site has been great resource, that is for sure!

yeah-we should all start doing this consistently-the partial scavengers are getting outta control

And, they should be added to blocked bidder list

That's exactly what I was trying to convey a few months ago.

Or they can switch books on you by sending you back their lower grade copy and keeping your high grade.