• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED - THANKS!

50 posts in this topic

Strange Tales 114, 8.0, OW/W

$325 :news: SOLD!

This is sometimes billed as the first Silver Age Captain America, which is misleading. As the label indicates, it was a tryout issue where Stan Lee was floating the character to determine if they would restore him to the Marvel lineup. So The Acrobat disguises himself as Cap, Stan Lee brings him back for real in the Avengers, and we're off and running.

front - large

rear - large

vEgBUo9l.jpg

T43IOHPl.jpg

$325

This is sometimes billed as the first Silver Age Captain America, which is misleading. As the label indicates, it was a tryout issue where Stan Lee was floating the character to determine if they would restore him to the Marvel lineup. So The Acrobat disguises himself as Cap, Stan Lee brings him back for real in the Avengers, and we're off and running.

front - large

rear - large

vEgBUo9l.jpg

T43IOHPl.jpg

:takeit:

No Brainer!

:winnah:

Many thanks!

$325

front - large

rear - large

No Brainer!

Strange Tales 131, 7.0, OW pages. Some Marvel chipping along the bottom front edge that's more apparent when you see the book from the rear. Book looks pressed to me. You know, I love the Mad Hatter's depiction, but Bouncing Ball of Doom?!

$40 :news: SOLD!

front - large

rear - large

KFL3HCnl.jpg

1EFReaql.jpg

$325

front - large

rear - large

vEgBUo9l.jpg

T43IOHPl.jpg

No Brainer!

Nice pick up. Was just coming back for it

So yeah, I'm going back to my original intent of collecting Strange Tales 135 and up, so that's all I'm listing. There are some raws, but I don't have many scans of them and they're largely filler issues. So they'll wait for another sales thread where I can add some more comics alongside them. If you're a completist, I'm happy to PM you a list of the raw issues I have (but all the keys are already listed).

I'll respond to PMs in the order in which they're received. First :takeit: in the thread wins, as originally stated in the first post.

ST 110 still goes off the market tomorrow evening, as will anything remaining for that matter.

Congrats Wally. Great book at a great price. No brainer indeed!

$325

front - large

rear - large

vEgBUo9l.jpg

T43IOHPl.jpg

No Brainer!