• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screwed again by paypal.

41 posts in this topic

Late last year I had an incident where someone else initated a payment to them from my paypal account. I wrote and wrote the email address, which wasnt valid anymore. Paypal hits my checking account for the amount it was I htink a few hundred dollars maybe even as much as 700. 3 months later they redoposit it... and close out my account with them immediately.

I start doing money orders only.

Two months ago I sell my Giant SIze X men 1 cgc 8.0 .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2277429565&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT

The guy asks if he can pay by paypal if he wins the auction and if I would ship it that monring of the auction closing. I told him no, I didnt accept paypal in payment anymore. After a couple emails I aggree. Sale is completed he gets the items. I shipped next day. He leaves feedback. Sale is done... or so I thought. Yesterday I get this...

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially

unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In

the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question

until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a

deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to

continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Transaction Date: Oct. 20, 2004 11:07:34 PDT

Transaction Amount: $435.00 USD

Payor's Email: XXXXXXXX

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this

transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our investigation

is complete as you may be liable for the amount in question.

To assist us in our investigation and to determine if you qualify for the

Seller Protection Program, please send an email to

I thought the sale was done, I dont have the shipping/tracking number anymore. So they say that since I dont they will take the money from my checking again. I know stupid me for signing back up. Is there anything I can do? Does the post office keep records of that kind of stuff especially if it was insured?

I put a stop ACH payment on that amount at my bank.. but she said they could submit it the next day for the ammount +.02 and it would go through. If htis goes through.. and it being christmas, there bounces a lot of checks and online payments for me, not good at all.

Any help would be appreciate.

I sent them the auction number showing feedback, and they said no tracking number... no money for me.

Late last year I had an incident where someone else initated a payment to them from my paypal account. I wrote and wrote the email address, which wasnt valid anymore. Paypal hits my checking account for the amount it was I htink a few hundred dollars maybe even as much as 700. 3 months later they redoposit it... and close out my account with them immediately.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2277429565&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT

The guy asks if he can pay by paypal if he wins the auction and if I would ship it that monring of the auction closing. I told him no, I didnt accept paypal in payment anymore. After a couple emails I aggree. Sale is completed he gets the items. I shipped next day. He leaves feedback. Sale is done... or so I thought. Yesterday I get this...

Transaction Date: Oct. 20, 2004 11:07:34 PDT

Transaction Amount: $435.00 USD

Payor's Email: XXXXXXXX

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this

transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our investigation

is complete as you may be liable for the amount in question.

To assist us in our investigation and to determine if you qualify for the

Seller Protection Program, please send an email to

I thought the sale was done, I dont have the shipping/tracking number anymore. So they say that since I dont they will take the money from my checking again. I know stupid me for signing back up. Is there anything I can do? Does the post office keep records of that kind of stuff especially if it was insured?

I put a stop ACH payment on that amount at my bank.. but she said they could submit it the next day for the ammount +.02 and it would go through. If htis goes through.. and it being christmas, there bounces a lot of checks and online payments for me, not good at all.

I sent them the auction number showing feedback, and they said no tracking number... no money for me.

Have they taken the money out of your account? If they have not, put a stop for all transfers coming out of your account immediately. Tell the bank that you do not authorize any withdrawals out of your account for anything.

The guy asks if he can pay by paypal if he wins the auction and if I would ship it that monring of the auction closing. I told him no, I didnt accept paypal in payment anymore.

I read your auction where it states that you do accept Paypal confused.gif

This statement is the kiss of death mad.gif, at least it was for me twice when I got the response from Paypal.

They said that if I did that then only checks could be written on my account..

What I think Im gogin to do is close out the checking account and say screw it.

I put a refusal on the pice of the auction.. but like she said they could submit for the price and then +.02 and it would go through.

And of course the guy that purchased it isnt responding to the emails.

So I figure what happened... he was short of cash for christmas and filed this claim.

The moral of the story is, if you accept paypal, you should never, under any circumstance ever keep balance in it. I withdraw my funds immediately when someone deposits into my paypal account.

Me too. Ever have a negative account balance? insane.gif

The moral of the story is, if you accept paypal, you should never, under any circumstance ever keep balance in it. I withdraw my funds immediately when someone deposits into my paypal account.

But if the account is tied to a checking or savings account don't they just suck the money out of there???...or is the key to have a checking/savings account with a very small balance tied to the paypal account???...

I'm not sure, but I have a 'dummy' account set up for paypal. It's one of those free checking accounts from Washington Mutual. I use it for nothing but paypal.

Once I withdraw money from paypal into the free checking account, I turn around and withdraw those funds from that checking account into my regular bank account.

I have had two transactions screwed up by PayPal. They are absolutely the most pathetic, un professional, ill conceived company I have ever dealt with. Have a guy make a claim against you, non received goods, money is refunded too him from PayPal via your account. Item is received by person, he tell PayPal this. Pay Pal says too bad so sad. Get your money from him, we wont take it from him..... Anyone using PayPal is a sucker. You can file a complaint, just say "Not Received" they have a policy of not even reading the rest of the complaint....... They will automatically take the funds out of the sellers account. No investigation is done, thought they say there is... You will get burned by PayPal, it's just a matter of time. EBay owns PayPal. All that PayPal is better, is simply BS!!

Trying to balance out your avatar by putting pictures of kids in your sig line. Nice try.

For shame. 893naughty-thumb.gif

1753.jpgkids.jpg

stooges.gif

P.S. - cute kids thumbsup2.gif

Those images are related ina way!

The kids are Greek and the woman used to take it greekstyle in movies

Well I rarely get around to reading all the boards but came up to look at comics general and was shocked to see who his buyer was! sportcraft99 put him on your blocked bidder list immediately!

At any rate he paid my other account by accident which has probably 10.00 dollars he can access but I have tracking with Express shipping it to this lame hole so he wont get his money from me(yes I keep my reciepts for losers like this).What he will get is down the road a screwing like he has never known before What goes around comes around! Its natures way of keeping things even he'll just never know it or realize it when it happens! Your right Paypal will try to come screw with me and it just has I WIN!!!

1-0

At any rate spread the word about this guy to anybody who will listen!

Davidking623

Trying to balance out your avatar by putting pictures of kids in your sig line. Nice try.

For shame. 893naughty-thumb.gif

1753.jpgkids.jpg

stooges.gif

P.S. - cute kids thumbsup2.gif

Those images are related ina way!

The kids are Greek and the woman used to take it greekstyle in movies

What do you mean "use to". 27_laughing.gif I'm sure her husband has rolled his ankle a few times stepping into that if you know what I mean.

Never ever never ever never use your personal checking account for any on-line transactions with or without Paypal. My Paypal/on-line transactions account is at a completely different bank (a half block from my personal bank) then my personal checking account and I never leave more then $100 in it. When I want to use my on-line account I go to an ATM and draw money from my personal checking account then deposit it in my on-line account. It can be a minor inconvenience, but I wont be getting screwed like you're getting screwed. I suggest you do the same to avoid these problems in the future. Good luck.

Here are the paypal rules I Iive by:

1. Only accept paypal for amounts less than $100 (unless the buyer is a known quantity, of course).

2. Only accept paypal from buyers with a good feedback record. Research your buyer, and see what his online acitivity is like.

3. Never, Ever, Never, Never, Never throw anything away. I have my postal insurance receipts from before the millenium.

Here are the paypal rules I Iive by:

1. Only accept paypal for amounts less than $100 (unless the buyer is a known quantity, of course).

2. Only accept paypal from buyers with a good feedback record. Research your buyer, and see what his online acitivity is like.

3. Never, Ever, Never, Never, Never throw anything away. I have my postal insurance receipts from before the millenium.

Good points. Organization is key.