• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screwed again by paypal.

41 posts in this topic

The moral of the story is, if you accept paypal, you should never, under any circumstance ever keep balance in it. I withdraw my funds immediately when someone deposits into my paypal account.

YEah I dont... but now they are attempting to initiate a transfer out of my checking account. And my bank has put a stop payment on that exact amount. But if they submit two amounts for that total not a lot they can do. Only thig they can say I can do is basically dispute it when it comes through .

O yeah... I withdrew any extra cash in my account so they couldnt take it... but the bank said since I was such a good customer and never bounced cheks even if I had .01 in the account they would pay the item. foreheadslap.gif Guiess I should have bounced more checks.

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially

unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In

the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question

until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a

deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to

continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Translation: You're screwed. You've been hit with a chargeback and Paypal has NEVER had a chargeback "investigation" that went in a seller's favor.

I've been blaring this trumpet for many months here, yet people always think "it won't happen to them." frown.gif

The same exact scenario happened to me with an $1,100 FF #1 a few years ago. Luckily, I had no balance in my Paypal account, and I immediately closed my checking account. (Just tell the bank you suspect your account number has fallen into bad hands -- close your checking account and open a new one under a new number.) I had tracking numbers, insurance, delivery confirmation and positive feedback, yet Paypal doesn't care. The bottom line is that they don't want to eat THEIR mistake, they approved a bad card, but will pass the charge on to you.

#1 - If you MUST use them, NEVER, EVER leave a balance in your Paypal account

#2 - They are not a bank or credit card company and you do not have the protections and recourse you do with a "real" financial institution

#3 They are in no way your "Pal."

I really wish a decent online payment processing system would come into being, because Paypal is a horrible company.

www.paypalsucks.com

I have had two transactions screwed up by PayPal. They are absolutely the most pathetic, un professional, ill conceived company I have ever dealt with. Have a guy make a claim against you, non received goods, money is refunded too him from PayPal via your account. Item is received by person, he tell PayPal this. Pay Pal says too bad so sad. Get your money from him, we wont take it from him..... Anyone using PayPal is a sucker. You can file a complaint, just say "Not Received" they have a policy of not even reading the rest of the complaint....... They will automatically take the funds out of the sellers account. No investigation is done, thought they say there is... You will get burned by PayPal, it's just a matter of time. EBay owns PayPal. All that PayPal is better, is simply BS!!

Bingo! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Is there a way to make sure the transaction is valid before you ship an item? Sort of like asking the CC to confirm with the buyer that they're making this purchase?

Basically, I hate to say it, but a not so small percentage of people buying comics are scumbags, so I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. It makes me hesitate to sell on ebay, but I need to get rid of some dupes and clear out space to make my wife happy. While most will be inexpensive items, I'd rather not get burned if someone buys fifty $3 books. As it is I have some a-hole complaining that the mixed lot of 25 cent books I sold him weren't good enough. Meanwhile, he lists a lot of the same sort of comics for $3-5 each on his fixed priced auctions.

Translation: You're screwed. You've been hit with a chargeback and Paypal has NEVER had a chargeback "investigation" that went in a seller's favor.

I've been blaring this trumpet for many months here, yet people always think "it won't happen to them." frown.gif

The same exact scenario happened to me with an $1,100 FF #1 a few years ago. Luckily, I had no balance in my Paypal account, and I immediately closed my checking account. (Just tell the bank you suspect your account number has fallen into bad hands -- close your checking account and open a new one under a new number.) I had tracking numbers, insurance, delivery confirmation and positive feedback, yet Paypal doesn't care. The bottom line is that they don't want to eat THEIR mistake, they approved a bad card, but will pass the charge on to you.

#2 - They are not a bank or credit card company and you do not have the protections and recourse you do with a "real" financial institution

I really wish a decent online payment processing system would come into being, because Paypal is a horrible company.

www.paypalsucks.com

Well unfortantely my bank said they could still push it through even after I have closed my account... O well as long as I can keep them from hitting th account then they can feel free to sick their lawyers on me after the first of the year.

Well Paypal just released the funds back to me 741.00 not that they could get it from me its just nice to know they released it back to me so I can still use it.I know of the Paypal horror stories but its simply the nature of the beast good sales happen because of paypal and you just have to look at at every big transaction as it is and study it and make sure you keep your end of the bargain! Great secure shipping goes a long ways in customer satisfaction!I just went and opened 2 more new accounts to attach my paypal accounts to so I will keep going with it!

Davidking623

www.paypalsucks.com

I noticed that both of you guys responded immediately with positive feedback. Was that wise with a Paypal transaction?

Well he got the goods the very next day thats why.

There is a good reason for everything I do I sent it to him express shipping which gives signature and tracking and insurance and I paid for the full insurance and I packaged it nuke proof and didnt see where I could go wrong ,apparantly I was right! But Thanks for asking!

Davidking623

www.paypalsucks.com

Well unfortantely my bank said they could still push it through even after I have closed my account... O well as long as I can keep them from hitting th account then they can feel free to sick their lawyers on me after the first of the year.

There is an option known as an ACH revocation. This is like a stop payment for any ACH withdrawls, which is how PayPal takes money out of your account. Your bank will usually charge you approximately $20, and like any stop payment, it takes a day or so to go into effect. If you know that PayPal will be taking funds from you account, then I suggest that you put this into effect as soon as possible. Ask your bank for more details.

www.paypalsucks.com

There is an option known as an ACH revocation. This is like a stop payment for any ACH withdrawls, which is how PayPal takes money out of your account. Your bank will usually charge you approximately $20, and like any stop payment, it takes a day or so to go into effect. If you know that PayPal will be taking funds from you account, then I suggest that you put this into effect as soon as possible. Ask your bank for more details.

Do this, or simply refuse to have any take place at all.

Here's an update.

I did do a ACH revocation, but its only for a specific amount, so technically they can submit it for one penny less or more and it would go through.

I also asked if they could stop all ACH transfers but my bank said no.. and if they turned off ALL electronic tranfers ie. Automatic deposits, atm withdrawls, debit card withdrawls... basically only physical paper check, they could still force it through. My only recourse would then be to dispute it.

Well I called the guy, and he said that he would call Paypal and get it straightened out. So I will give him this next week and see where its at. Basically the gist I got was he received fradulent funds, and used those funds to purchase other things. Paypal in their infinate wisdom goes after us.

And UMB, my old employer will not be my bank anymore