• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzetta's SDCC Couch Tour 2014 - No Lines for Drinks or Bathroom Waits

122 posts in this topic

So... what did I get from Couch Tour...

• Neither Disney/Marvel nor WB/DC blinked and revealed any of the movies that they are producing for the schedule they provided. Each studio announced dates but did not provide the subject matter that they are producing. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I believe that DC and Marvel are not going to reveal their 'lineup' so to speak unless they absolutely have to. That way they are not going to allow the other to plot around them.

• Hasbro is really out of touch, more so than anyone over at Rebelscum or Hisstank believe. Perhaps the ONLY "boys toys" division that manages to deliver what kids and adult collectors want is the transformers team. I really, really want a Superion for my desk at home.

• Hot Toys and Sideshow continue to impress. If I wanted to devote any money towards those things, I would be in serious trouble. However, I did preorder the R2-D2 and plan to order C-3PO when he is available. Amazing what they can do.

• Marvel and DC have some decent plans on the horizon (it seems). Hopefully it will play out and they will be able to execute it with as much excitement as their sales pitches present.

• Lego Exclusives are impossible to get. However... I did pick up something during SDCC. I know of a lego designer that takes real bricks and rents the decal stamping machine to produce high quality Lego figures. He also has access to a 3D printer and makes the larger figures. This is what I picked up this weekend while others were at SDCC. If they EVER make this figure it will be a SDCC exclusive. See below.

All in all... I hope you enjoyed Couch Tour. The next time we do something like this, I will be reporting from NYCC for the Thursday, Friday and Sunday days as well as anything else I get around to that they show in Manhattan. (Why not Saturday? Because I am not insane and have a wedding to go to that day.)

These are the only things I picked up this weekend:

Lego Stan Lee from Brick Creator

FF 52 from the boards

ScreenShot2014-07-27at73944PM.png

photo232_zpsa9b05df4.jpg

So... what did I get from Couch Tour...

[*] Neither Disney/Marvel nor WB/DC blinked and revealed any of the movies that they are producing for the schedule they provided. Each studio announced dates but did not provide the subject matter that they are producing. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I believe that DC and Marvel are not going to reveal their 'lineup' so to speak unless they absolutely have to. That way they are not going to allow the other to plot around them.

Even though they held their cards very close to the vest, I'm glad they are getting serious about having a cold war again. We'll get more and better movies out of this.