• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuff worth grading from 2000-2013, even if they don't grade CGC 9.8 or better?

36 posts in this topic

I am talking something that is a regular copy and not a variant. Most of my collection is in the 9.0-9.6 range with a few in lower grade and even fewer possible 9.8s. I am sure Walking Dead #1 and Chew #1 and maybe other early issues in those runs. Anything else? Anything from that date range worth getting graded in 9.0-9.6? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Much appreciated.

As you said, with very few exceptions, I would not want anything from the last 20-30 years graded except in 9.8 or better, if for no other reason then because there are plenty of them available. Why settle for less and then get caught in the upgrade trap, buying the same book over and over to get a slightly better grade each time?

As you said, with very few exceptions, I would not want anything from the last 20-30 years graded except in 9.8 or better, if for no other reason then because there are plenty of them available. Why settle for less and then get caught in the upgrade trap, buying the same book over and over to get a slightly better grade each time?

I am thinking about if I decide to sell next year what can I sell for $$ separately graded instead of selling as a collection and getting pennies. Just looking at options. At the least I will have the good stuff graded even if I don't sell them.

Maybe some of the stuff that gets hyped for television or movies? A lot of that is just pure timing.

Scalped #1 maybe? I was looking for this book in CGC 9.8 before it was announced that it may end up on television and I only got the smallest of nibbles - one guy asking for what was a high price at the time (going by GPA), and that was it.

A few months after the 'maybe' television show and people are asking over $300 for it.

Peter Panzerfaust 1&2

Unfortunately I don't own those.

Are we supposed to guess the books you own?

yes

Saga #1 and #1 RRP.

EoW #1 RRP

Only own 2 regular copies of EoW #1. Never got into variants since I purged my collection in early 90s.

If it's just a regular cover then you can just buy a 9.8 outright for the cost you would sending it to CGC.